Car Rental In The U.s. As An Argentine Resident

RSPlayer

Registered
Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. On the Avis Car Rental web site, if you go through the procedure to rent a car (in the U.S.) as a U.S. Resident I get a Price of $914.65. But if I change the drivers Residency to Argentine (all other things the same), the price comes back as $323.75. Seems like great news! Any thoughts, experience?

Really? How many points do you have on your license? I've never heard of such a thing....

All of the big rental companies do a special rate for Latin American residents - I don't know the reason behind it but the discount is always pretty good

Last year , I had an argument with the lady at Avis in Miami. She said you are British and cannot get the LATAM rate . i said I live in Argentina and booked on your website from Argentina When I asked her why they had two different prices , she got nervous and processed my reservation quickly.

Juts make sure you take some proof that you live here.

It’s not a matter of points or no points on your license; it is a matter (at least with Avis) of your residency. I reserved and paid (with a U.S. credit card) in full for the cheaper ($323) rate. Of course I will have my DNI with me to prove Argentine Residency, but it just seems a bit odd. As I mentioned, I already paid the dramatically cheaper rate and I doubt that when I arrive at the counter to pick up the keys etc. they will ask for proof of residency. But actually, I will pick up the car in Miami, so maybe they will ask, as glasgowjohn mentioned.
Anyway, a big advantage for being an Argentine resident!!!

Back