Carniceria in Palermo? (soho?)

polostar88

Registered
Any good carnicerias in Palermo Soho? I never lived in this neighborhood before. Lots of restaurants/bars but was wondering if there is a good carniceria here, and also if there are good small shops for buying high quality fruit, eggs, etc.; I'm not even sure there are good supermarkets nearby.

cross Juan B. Gusto - a small shop on the corner of Bonpland and Soler has the best organic produce brought in by producers on wednesdays and saturdays. Another producer there sells dairy products and some meat - the animals are fed natural, chemicals free food. And a few blocks down Bonpland there is Solidarity Market Bonpland, produce, dairy, meat, pretty much all the groceries you need, either organic or pesticide free.
There is a decent quality carniceria at the corner of Guemes and Darregueira, Armenian owners.

Araoz between Av. Santa Fe and Arenales, left hand side. Inside a great Fruteria, there is an excellent Butcher Shop , go Early morning and ask for Riñonada beef steaks excellent for the grill (Write it down please ...!!!!) NOT Riñones

Nikad, where can I get a fresh 'Cabrita" in Palermo. All of them have the frozen one. Your views?

Piaf is across from the Pulgas- Dorrego and Niceto. Its a modern, hipster meatmarket, but has high quality stuff. Lots of hard to find gourmet spices and sauces, too.
For produce, I like Mercado Bonpland, on Bonpland and Honduras, its a co-op of several direct farm to market groups, with eggs, cheeses, juices, herbs, and lots of produce. They have the best organic mate, tomato sauce, hand made soap, and even some clothes. Maybe a dozen small stores.

Back