Cats For Adoption

Sorry, but I do not have to do anything about it. If you adopt a pet, you should know that is for the rest of either yours or the pets life. If you have to travel to different place and you might end up in furniture flats, well, guess what, you should not adopt animals, they are living creatures with feelings and I bet it is more stressful and cruel give them in adoption than take them with you wherever you go.

For your information, my partner and I are in a organization that goes around few neighborhoods feeding cats and catching them so they can be sterilized. Now that is a weekly job and it takes time. We also rescue birds that fall from their nest, feed them and set them free.

I know it is really difficult to find a place that accept pets, as I mentioned in post 5 I had to look for a long time before I could find a place that accept them, but again, it is not an excuse.

If you have to travel to different place and you might end up in furniture flats, well, guess what, you should not adopt animals

Oh, brother. Stop being so sanctimonious.

The reality is that people sometimes have to move. Sometimes unexpected things happen, and not every temporary apartment rental or hotel is pet friendly. As I've said, it's difficult. A lot of people will say pets are like kids, but I've never been to a single hotel that bans kids from entering its premises - unfortunately. ;)

Furthermore, there are a lot of homeless cats out there. There are lots of pets who don't get adopted. Wouldn't you rather have the cats adopted, even if it is just a temporary home?

And if no one adopts the animals, what exactly do you think should happen? Would you prefer for them to be euthanized?

Instead of being all holier-than-thou and lecturing people for being in situations that you don't quite understand, maybe spreading the word about these poor cats or adopting them yourself might be a bit more helpful.

I would like to keep some cats.

But since I travel..sometimes for 10 days non stop...I dont think it would work..

Plus if I am shifting to a new country, I would probably have the same problem

Feel sorry for the animals..but I understand its not easy to maintain a pet long term... I guess living with pets in not everyones cup of tea!

I'd love to have the cats if I could, and would really like to give adult cats a second chance, but I'm afraid of having to move any day now and not being able to take the animals with me. It's a big commitment. I hope your friend can maybe find a close friend who knows the kitties and will take both of them. They seem very lovely.

Thanks to all for your input and a special thanks to those who shared the post. Honestly, I really could care less about people's negatvie opinion of my friend deciding to put his cats up for adoption. Sometimes people's circumstances change and as much as they would like to keep the kitties or any other animal for that matter, they can't. Case in point: when my 5 year relationship ended I moved out of our apartment to a smaller space. My ex kept the big apartment as he has family that comes to visit and I really didn't. So the cat stayed with him. I never saw my cat again after I moved out, and I probably think about him almost every day. Sometimes I cry....oh but such is life. And we move forward and so do the cats. I mean marriages break up and kids after a while adjust, people die, move far away, and everybody eventually adjusts. Have your opinions all you want, but if you know someone who would take these beautiful sweet cats please contact Michael.

Thanks to all for your input and a special thanks to those who shared the post. Honestly, I really could care less about people's negatvie opinion of my friend deciding to put his cats up for adoption. Sometimes people's circumstances change and as much as they would like to keep the kitties or any other animal for that matter, they can't. Case in point: when my 5 year relationship ended I moved out of our apartment to a smaller space. My ex kept the big apartment as he has family that comes to visit and I really didn't. So the cat stayed with him. I never saw my cat again after I moved out, and I probably think about him almost every day. Sometimes I cry....oh but such is life. And we move forward and so do the cats. I mean marriages break up and kids after a while adjust, people die, move far away, and everybody eventually adjusts. Have your opinions all you want, but if you know someone who would take these beautiful sweet cats please contact Michael.
Expats are always so opinionated. Part of the reason I stopped posting as much. Very sad guys! Maybe sometimes you should keep your feelings to yourself. You don't need to have an opinion on everything.

I would leave my job behind, my manager behind, my uncle behind, but I will never leave my pets behind. Unless I am going to prison or hospital.

I would leave my job behind, my manager behind, my uncle behind, but I will never leave my pets behind. Unless I am going to prison or hospital.
What about the birdman of Alcatraz. He kept his birds in prison to keep him company.

I have parted with many of my loved friends over the years. My vet has suggested to me that he/she no longer
feasible to keep them alive but I never put them to sleep.
I always watched and cared for them till gone..

Have taken all my pets to cremation services all of them myself
and picked the ashes a few weeks later always. The Pets, to me they are precious friends, they never betray you
like some ex-friends that I have lost over the years..They always show love to yourself..The last Pet I lost was a mini-pig.
She was so cute and intelligent but due to her old age she passed away and had to take her to the cremation service again.

I have all my past friends photos along the ashe boxes of each in an altar and light the Budhist type of incense every day and
pray for their life after life.. I don't think that I could ever leave one of my friends behind...

Back