Central Bank nearly broke !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my expenses today and was looking at the breakdown. Usually I just pay it and never look at the details. However I note there are a few neighbors who are quite far behind in payments. How / where can I see if everyone else is paying more to make up the difference? There is nothing in the “extraordinary” expenses line in the breakdown.
I have the same on mine, many people a couple of payments behind, some many months behind. Our expenses went up this month, but we were told its because the porteros are getting a salary increase. Back in the day when I was semi on the streets and not semi good looking, I used to sleep in the open buildings of flats in the UK. Shelter from the rain literally outside peoples door or on the stairs. The concept of the portero was alien to me when I came here.

I just asked our admin. Our expenses are and will NOT be increasing to make up for those who are behind... lucky consorcio I guess...?

Wait, if the rest of the tenants have to pay to cover those who do not, what happens to the money when the tenants who owe money pay their outstanding debt? There would be a surplus.

Wait, if the rest of the tenants have to pay to cover those who do not, what happens to the money when the tenants who owe money pay their outstanding debt? There would be a surplus.
y

Once and if they collect from the other tenants and deduct the legal expenses et . al . The will give account credit for those that paid to cover the deficit..!

Don't quite know how it works, but will put the apartment up for sale as soon as possible. Have had it with "consorcios" and their zillion rules.

Don't quite know how it works, but will put the apartment up for sale as soon as possible. Have had it with "consorcios" and their zillion rules.
I am a fan of renting, no matter how much money one has, especially in a place like Argentina. If you don't like something or if something changes, you can walk away in a second with very little on the line.

I just got my expenses today and was looking at the breakdown. Usually I just pay it and never look at the details. However I note there are a few neighbors who are quite far behind in payments. How / where can I see if everyone else is paying more to make up the difference? There is nothing in the “extraordinary” expenses line in the breakdown.
We have 34 units in our building and each month there are about 8/9 people who are behind all the time, some of them are a few months to a year behind. Each month the people who are behind are different. This is a building in a nice area of Recoleta by Juncal and Junin. Not sure what's going on. The working people in the building are all professionals. The administration usually does not collect extra, the missing payment just creates a hole in the budget, it has been like that for decades. The penalty is very small, people skip payment easily. It's the same in Europe, home owners are not going to lose their homes if they do not pay expense. The entire Europe ditched the idea of potero, most of the buildings do not have potero except the expensive one or there are offices on the lower floor. And European doorman only works by hours, so the burden is very small. 100 euro a month is considered high in Spain or other southern European countries, usually its about 50 E. It's embarrassing try not to pay the expense in Europe since the number is so small. Argentina kept the idea of doorman since it copied it from Europe. Now it's a big problem, a few hundred dollars in monthly expense is significant in Argentina.

The porteros are a big problem, a few hundred dollars in monthly expense is significant in Argentina.
Its a big problem on present day - the porteros. Lack of privacy and acting as agents if you are in 14 day quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back