Central Bank seen seeking weak peso under Fernández

it won't matter. i can hear the arguments now... "if it weren't for what macri did we wouldn't have to do this. so it's still his fault"

It's never a politician's fault. It's the previous administration, opposition in congress, English for occupying the Malvinas, yankee imperialism, IMF, wall street, businessmen, the vultures, the media, etc.

How dare you suggest otherwise sts!

It doesn't seem right if argentina thinks they are the same as china. Is the increased sales of soy enough to fix Argentina's economy?

the fact that Argentina currently does not export much besides soy can be viewed as a consequence of peso being too expensive in relation to USD. Too expensive peso makes anything else produced in Argentina uncompetitively expensive thus not suitable for export.

Thus making peso less expensive in relation to USD (read: lowering USD salaries of Argentine people) can make more things produced in Argentina competitive and allow those things to be exported besides soy.

Thus making peso less expensive in relation to USD (read: lowering USD salaries of Argentine people) can make more things produced in Argentina competitive and allow those things to be exported besides soy.

This seems to be the reason why F was successful... he claims he will raise peoples' salaries. I doubt he will be received well if he tries to lower them. Not sure how he could spin that to look appealing to the masses.

Should that come to pass, I'lll leave Argentina even if it means swimming across the river with the dog tied to my back.....!

I 100 percent believe this is a distinct possibilty and yes he is from the extreme left role model Cuba and Venezuela .

I 100 percent believe this is a distinct possibilty and yes he is from the extreme left role model Cuba and Venezuela .
With a little bit of luck by 2023 Trump will be gone, and I can move to the good old USA

can someone explain this to me? I've read the article a couple times now. Does this mean F will want to make the peso go past 60 into the 100 or so range? I thought F wanted to reduce or stop inflation.

China exports finished products to the rest of the world. Argentina just exports crops (right?). It doesn't seem right if argentina thinks they are the same as china. Is the increased sales of soy enough to fix Argentina's economy?
With CFK Argentina was exporting a lot other items besides farming.
To reduce inflation is easy is you stop capital flight and you stop printing lebacs y leliqs with no limit.
If the peso is weak is easier to export.

With CFK Argentina was exporting a lot other items besides farming.
To reduce inflation is easy is you stop capital flight and you stop printing lebacs y leliqs with no limit.
If the peso is weak is easier to export.

What were the other items?

Back