Change in expat attitudes?

Napoleon said:
Then tell me you went to Palermo on Saturday.

FREE Polo
FREE Stella... and the girls working the taps were amazing
FREE Borghetti (poor imitation Kahlua)... and the girl working the bottle had amazing eyes and her body was ridiculous
FREE Fernet & Coke... and the girls working the Fernet were doing their painted on white pants proud
FREE Freddo... though I didn't get any, so I can't tell you about the girls working the spoons
FREE Champagne... though it was Norton, so I didn't even consider getting any
FREE English Nostalgia as a couple of English friends went streaking across the concha... cancha while being chased by security (though I can't comment on their looks, because I wasn't there)

I often forget how many awesome things about this city and I'm starting to see the negative more than the positive. But when you have a FREE Polo Day like that and then...

I got to meet a girl who wanted to sell me a painting for a little dough on the side (or a favor to a friend), but she doesn't normally sell art. No, her occupation is:

"Lawyer / Makeup Artist"
I mean, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!

I've heard of a "Model/Actress", but I've never before met a "Lawyer/Makeup Artist". In fact, she told me that she makes more money doing makeup.

LOVED IT!!

PS- I oppose lifting presidential term limits. Here or in any country.

This sounds awesome!

For the past seven years, I have divided my time about equally between Buenos Aires and London and enjoy spending time in both places. They are very different, and perhaps I like the contrast.

malthus101 said:
Steve - tell me about the women please! This is a major draw for me to come to BA in November! London sucks far too much now... overun by drunken assholes and a total rip off in supermarkets and landlords... and no joy at street level... "Tell me about the rabbits" Steve!

Even though I said this (which you quoted):

"I do agree that BA is vastly preferable to London. I spent a total of four years in BA and only a week in London. It took four years for BA to lose it's charm (for me), even though it is still full of beautiful women who are beautifully dressed and have lovely accents when they speak English."

I found the beauty of most of the "beautiful" women in BA was only superficial.

There are several several threads about Argentine women in the forum.

If you don't mind paying for sex and aren't seeking more than a superficial relationship, some of the most beautiful Argentine women are available on an hourly basis (and aren't very expensive, either, though foreigners often pay the same rate in dollars as "locals" pay in pesos).

The vast majority of Argentine women aren't inclined to take a foreigner home to meet the parents, especially if he's a Brit.

They may be foxes, but you'll be the hound.

So what you're saying Steve is that if I ever end up single again I need to play the Aussie card instead of the Brit one ? :) Thank the Gods for dual nationality ;)

Johnno said:
So what you're saying Steve is that if I ever end up single again I need to play the Aussie card instead of the Brit one ? :) Thank the Gods for dual nationality ;)

Sounds like a good bet to me, but you'll still be a foreigner and the odds always favor the house.

gouchobob said:
As far as day trips go there are a few things to see near B.A., but let's face it for hundreds of kilometers the landscape is about as exciting as Kansas.
Tigre! Go to Tigre, the town is beautiful, the delta even more so - have spent days there.

earlyretirement said:
I agree that most ex-pats don't last too long in Buenos Aires. I'm one of the exceptions. I've lived in Buenos Aires full time over 7 years now but I'm one of the ones leaving for good. I'm moving back to the USA next month.
Buen viaje.

What I don't understand is why so many in this forum thinks that Argentina = BsAs - are you wearing eye-flaps, blinders, like a horse?

BsAs is like one country, the provinces a quite different one.

Go to e.g. Córdoba, Salta (although a very small town), Mendoza, Rosario, Paraná/Santa Fé, etc. and you find another, very friendly country

Back