Change we can believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Befuddled electorates and identikit candidates are features of modern, wealthy and stable societies. Usually candidates have to express identical positions in terms of differing priorities or small idealogical differences. But again - what about this distresses you? That there isn't popular support for any candidates proposing radical changes? People like stability...

Personally I think the most remarkable thing about the campaign is the support and positive thinking obama managed to ride on. As you say, change is affected by external forces - invariably people, not politicians. Genuine change can be brought about by the millions of people who voted for someone claiming to embody that. I'm expecting the millions of people wanting change to instigate it, not the man they voted for. But that said, a few quick fixes on foreign policy, domestic security and economic stimulus would be a good start. There's nothing stopping obama delivering change, within the context of his limited abilities and influence.

jp said:
Befuddled electorates and identikit candidates are features of modern, wealthy and stable societies. Usually candidates have to express identical positions in terms of differing priorities or small idealogical differences. But again - what about this distresses you? That there isn't popular support for any candidates proposing radical changes? People like stability...

But the United States is not in stable mode right now: it's in crisis mode. Otherwise the rhetoric of change wouldn't have washed with the electorate. As I mentioned in my previous post, economic crisis and military reversals necessitate radical new thinking: desperate measures for desperate times. We don't need Nero fiddling while Rome burns. This doesn't "distress" me: I 'm just a ghostly internet presence like most everyone else here, and just bring these points up for animated discussion (if I can find anyone to take the bait!).

The miracles of the anointed one have begun. Hallelujah. At Counterpunch:

[SIZE=-1]
The vote in the Senate was said to be unanimous. It was just a voice vote. No senator asked that the vote be recorded. In the House five voted, “No”. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Gwen Moore (D-WI), Ron Paul ( R-TX), Nick Rahal (D-WVA), Maxine Waters (D-CA). 390 wretches voted “Yes” and 36 others voted ”Present” or “Not Voting”.

The election of Obama has not meant one iota of difference. Bush at his zenith didn’t get a stronger vote for Israel. One call from Obama to Pelosi or Reid and the resolution would have been shelved, but he didn’t lift a finger for the Palestinians. Instead he “monitored” the situation. Can we impeach him before he takes office?

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] When I think of all the millions of dollars that people wasted on “change” I want to vomit.
[/SIZE]

Looks like "The ONE" is showing his lack of management experience. Do any of these appointees pay their taxes?

Obama is a puppet. It amazes me how some people think that elections aren't just one big show and that our votes matter... AMAZING! None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe they are free.

Actually, I hope he isnt a puppet. If he is, just look to Pelosi and Reed to see how they are pulling the strings. Remember when he campaigned and said he would go through every piece of legistation line by line to eliminate the wasteful spending?

He doesn't have a line item veto to use when the final "stimulus/spending" package is passed and presented for his signature. There is little doubt he will sign the bill, even if it is still full of pork. His recent rethoric about the impending "economic catastrophe" (as well as his own beliefs) leaves him no choice.

steveinbsas said:
Actually, I hope he isnt a puppet. If he is, just look to Pelosi and Reed to see how they are pulling the strings. Remember when he campaigned and said he would go through every piece of legistation line by line to eliminate the wasteful spending?

He doesn't have a line item veto to use when the final "stimulus/spending" package is passed and presented for his signature. There is little doubt he will sign the bill, even if it is still full of pork. His recent rethoric about the impending "economic catastrophe" (as well as his own beliefs) leave him no choice.

The U.S. government has been taken over by private bankers. These "bailouts" are nothing more than hyperinflation. Hyperinflation will destroy the dollar and transfer wealth from the average citizen to a few hands. It's a power play. Consolidation of wealth using fear and a designed crisis as the catalyst. America is lost. I mean people still believe elections are worth a shit. Most people don't even know what Freemasonry is, what it's goals are, who the Rothschilds are, Zionist control of America (look at Obama's first pic Rahm Emmanuel), etc...

So many people are asleep it is so sad. The media is controlled. Education is a complete joke. They put poisons in our water supplies. Spray chemicals all over the country. It goes on and on.

THIS CRISIS WAS CREATED TO USHER IN WORLD GOVERNMENT. WORLD CURRENCY. THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT. Obama is just part of the disgusting Freemason plot for Luciferian world government. Just look at the Obama logo... a fukking rising sun. A dawn of a new age. On and on and on... and the masses sleep wondering why it's happening...

RIP America. Hello North American Union.

Salvador.Russo said:
The U.S. government has been taken over by private bankers. These "bailouts" are nothing more than hyperinflation. Hyperinflation will destroy the dollar and transfer wealth from the average citizen to a few hands. It's a power play. Consolidation of wealth using fear and a designed crisis as the catalyst. America is lost. I mean people still believe elections are worth a shit. Most people don't even know what Freemasonry is, what it's goals are, who the Rothschilds are, Zionist control of America (look at Obama's first pic Rahm Emmanuel), etc...

So many people are asleep it is so sad. The media is controlled. Education is a complete joke. They put poisons in our water supplies. Spray chemicals all over the country. It goes on and on.

THIS CRISIS WAS CREATED TO USHER IN WORLD GOVERNMENT. WORLD CURRENCY. THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT. Obama is just part of the disgusting Freemason plot for Luciferian world government. Just look at the Obama logo... a fukking rising sun. A dawn of a new age. On and on and on... and the masses sleep wondering why it's happening...

RIP America. Hello North American Union.

Hey, Sal, Are you perhaps be referring to a group of "private bankers" that you previously identified (in deleted posts) by their religion? If so, why not just say so...again?

Wackos are fascinating, in a way. But where in the hell do you guys get these cockamamie ideas? Of there were more than a dozen or so of you in the world, it would be scary, otherwise, given your numbers, it's just kind of silly.

HDM said:
Wackos are fascinating, in a way. But where in the hell do you guys get these cockamamie ideas? Of there were more than a dozen or so of you in the world, it would be scary, otherwise, given your numbers, it's just kind of silly.

If you could (please) be more specific, it would be very helpful. Otherwise, I don't think that your post has the effect that you intend. Sal's previous posts specificaly refered to Jewish bankers (I saved them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back