Changes To Bank Machines Here?

Ok so just got off my lazy butt (well, not really, since I just had to call via Skype ;) ) -- Anyway no issue with the cards nor the account (ie my balance is fine) in Canada. However, they don't even register that I tried to access the card 6 separate times today! So that means as Tilda posted that the bank machines apparently aren't even reading my information. So... now I guess I will have to try Citi and HSBC just to see the result. The only other thing I can think is that it's a chip card and maybe it is just not working? TD didn't seem to think so though, they said it's probably an issue with the machines and to try another bank.

I tried to check the amount in a foreign account and the ATM wouldn't work either. The bank told me that there's a network problem with Red Cirrus.

Ok so just got off my lazy butt (well, not really, since I just had to call via Skype ;) ) -- Anyway no issue with the cards nor the account (ie my balance is fine) in Canada. However, they don't even register that I tried to access the card 6 separate times today! So that means as Tilda posted that the bank machines apparently aren't even reading my information. So... now I guess I will have to try Citi and HSBC just to see the result. The only other thing I can think is that it's a chip card and maybe it is just not working? TD didn't seem to think so though, they said it's probably an issue with the machines and to try another bank.lem

After reading this thread, I tried my ATM card over the weekend just to make sure it's working in case of emergency. I had exactly the same problem (Santander Rio, Itau, and one I don't remember). None of them worked - all saying the same thing: this card cannot be used in this machine. I called my bank. No problem with the card. No record of any attempted transactions. I have a card with a magnetic strip.

After reading this thread, I tried my ATM card over the weekend just to make sure it's working in case of emergency. I had exactly the same problem (Santander Rio, Itau, and one I don't remember). None of them worked - all saying the same thing: this card cannot be used in this machine. I called my bank. No problem with the card. No record of any attempted transactions. I have a card with a magnetic strip.

As previously posted, I had the same problem with Santander Rio and Banco Patagonia, but Banco Frances and Citibank both accepted my ATM card, business as usual.

Just an FYI, about an hour ago I withdrew cash from a Banco Frances ATM. I suggest you try Frances or Citibank.

Back