Cheating-Affairs How Common Is It In Ba?

I cannot speak for what happens in other countries, being Argentine men pretty chauvinistic in general, cheating is seen as a manly thing. It is important to considered that a lot of guys make some comments that might seem to imply that they cheat or that they are ok with it, but it is just BS and they just do not want to be seen as "dominados" but as latin macho lovers. I do not like that style, so I am happily married to a US expat.

I gather that Arg. wives are faithful, but the men aren't. Same ol' story all over the world.

Sorry for you, Toastedwaves!

I cannot speak for what happens in other countries, being Argentine men pretty chauvinistic in general, cheating is seen as a manly thing. It is important to considered that a lot of guys make some comments that might seem to imply that they cheat or that they are ok with it, but it is just BS and they just do not want to be seen as "dominados" but as latin macho lovers. I do not like that style, so I am happily married to a US expat.

Ha, the chauvinist thing was one of the first things I noticed when I got here. It's really uncomfortable for me at times to go out with my male Argie friends for this reason, just can't get behind talking to women like that.

I have a friend who was dating an Argie guy, and her boyfriend told her that his dad had told him something like "I know you have a girlfriend, but you should still be sleeping with other girls on the side". Of course it's anecdotal but wasn't extremely surprising either .

I doubt cheating happens that much more here than anywhere else, just more socially acceptable for (men) to admit it than in many countries. (I do think going to prostitutes happens more often here than in a lot of places though or maybe again, it's just more acceptable to admit it).

I don't really ever hear about people screwing over friends or family though. I feel like that would be so rare just b/c family and amgios (NO conocidos) is so important here but that's just an impression, no statistical evidence.

I have a friend who was dating an Argie guy, and her boyfriend told her that his dad had told him something like "I know you have a girlfriend, but you should still be sleeping with other girls on the side".

When we visited on December, a family member wanted to take out my bf to a wild night to celebrate our relationship (my bf's with me). Of course, I had to stay at home. WTF!

It's impossible to say whether people cheat more here than other places. I do think nikad hit the nail on the head about the fact that there's a lot of macho posturing that goes on with the men who don't want to be seen as whipped or what have you. But it's often just talk. My husband experiences this often when he first meets Argentine men (co-workers or what have you). Many of them talk like that at first. He doesn't play along because he thinks it's dumb and doesn't feel the need to pretend he's not happily paired off, and then they eventually chill out and stop talking his ear off about which random girl they are imagining banging, or that time their dad took them to a prostitute to have sex for the first time (is this is a thing?).

"Dos más dos" is a fairly recent Argentine comedy about swinging, if anyone wants to check it out. I enjoyed it.

I gather that Arg. wives are faithful, but the men aren't. Same ol' story all over the world.

Sorry for you, Toastedwaves!

:lol: Sorry for me? For what? For thinking and understanding that in some cases, some people might love their partner dearly and have great complicity/admiration for them, but their relationship isn't complete, as the sex part isn't happening anymore?

For thinking and understanding that in some cases, you would wish for your partner to have an affair, as he or she is a sexual, sentient being and that part of the relationship you cannot provide anymore?

For thinking and understanding that, the 'singles market' is alot like the used car market? If it is available, there might be something wrong with it(and it is often the case), fulling the situation.

In case I did not understand the meaning of "Sorry for you" please explain it to me, because I'm almost half a century old, had alot of girlfriends and I have not 'cheated' on any of them. So the only thing I can see by this comment is that I'm trying to see clearly into that situation, here, and if that's the case, then there is nothing to be "sorry" about. I'm in constant pursuit of knowledge and in a perpetual learning state. I feel very fortunate to have the time to think and ask questions.

Back