Child Dies: Heavy Metal Poisoning

I think Hep B and TBC cover for life, the only one you should repeat periodically is the antitetanus and diphteria combined shot (lasts 10 years).
I was thinking about getting the Hep A shot before coming here, but they basically laughed at me when I told them it was for Argentina.
I was especially concerned with Hep A & Dengue fever and visiting Iguazú, but the only thing I got was.... sunburnt. Heavily and painfully.

The risk of melanoma is high here, especially in Patagonia.

Vaccinations are free in Argentina. Simply need to show DNI at the vacunatorio. We even did it with a foreign passport before our daughter was a resident. There is also a campaign for kids of 1-4 years to be vaccinated with an extra dose for polio. http://www.msal.gov....article/445��We did this for our daughter at the vaccination center at the private hospital (They all offer free to vaccination to all...not just those with private medical coverage).

In addition, they offered vaccinations at the jardin (day care). Both ours and our cleaning person's jardin offered it (not an issue of wealthy privilege). Our experience has been quite positive. I might be more worried about the US where the anti-vaccination zealots are helping cause measles outbreaks, etc.

I won't disagree on your other points. :)

Yes the vaccination are free , the problem is many people cant afford to get to the clinics to have the vaccination. Argentina is a big country, many people live hours from places that administer the vaccinations. Not to mention the number of immigrants from poor surrounding countries that also have difficulty in receiving vaccinations.

Back