Chinese Tourist Visa

jrok78

Registered
Hi all....have used this forum as a resource for the past 1.5 years and love reading. But this is my first time ever posting.

I´m wondering if anyone has ever applied for a tourist visa to visit China from the Argentine embasssy?

I am a US citizen visiting China next month. I went to the embassy yesterday and gave them my paperwork and passport and they gave me two pieces of paper and said come back next week to pick it up. One paper is a "pickup form" which is what I assume I use to retrieve the visa next week. The other is a deposit slip for HSBC with the Chinese embassy account number on it. However there is no mention anywhere of how much the visa cost.

I went to HSBC and talked to the guys there, but they said they were not sure. I have also called about 10 different phone numbers of the Chinese embassy to no avail.

Has anyone done this before and can you offer your advice? I know it seems simple but there is a lot of conflicting info on the web. I assume I pay (no clue how much or whether I can pay in dollars) at HSBC, get a receipt and take that with me when I pick up the passport. But I am really skeptical that if I do something wrong, I will have a hard time ever seeing that money again...

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

CHina Visa fee to US citizens.
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

arrow-orgen1.gif
How to Apply
Submit Your Application
1. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
2. If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
3. No appointment is required.
4. Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be returned.

arrow-orgen1.gif
Processing Time
1. The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
3. Same day rush service: additional fee of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:00am may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).

Visa Fees
1. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Cash or Personal/Company check is not acceptable.
2. Please make money order or checks payable to "Chinese Embassy".

Entry & Validity American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries Single Entry for 3 Months USD 140 USD 30 Double Entry for 6 Months USD 140 USD 45 Multiple Entries for 6 Months USD 140 USD 60 Multiple Entries for 1 Year or 2 Year USD 140 USD 90 Group Visa USD 120 N/A * Visa fees for some countries may differ from that listed above due to reciprocity, and will be charged accordingly by Chinese Embassy.

arrow-orgen1.gif
Visa Pick-up
1. On or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt, applicants can pay and pick up their visas themselves or by entrusted persons, travel agencies with the receipt. Please check your visa information carefully in the embassy, and contact the visa officer if there were any problem.
2. As of February 1st, 2010, the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC will no longer provide mail back service. If anyone asks for mail back service, please contact travel agencies.

hot2.gif
How to Identify if an Issued Chinese Visa is still Valid?

Please check carefully if the <a href="http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/entry.htm" style="list-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 102, 204); text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank">validity, number of entries and duration of stay on the obtained visa could still meet the need for the trip.

1. Validity (enter before) of a visa is the length of period that the visa is good for, namely from the issuing date to the deadline of entering China for the bearer of the visa. Given the number of entries are sufficient, the bearer is able to enter China at anytime before 12:00am on the expiring date.

A visa becomes void once its period of validity expires regardless of whether its entries are used up or not. The visa holder should apply for a new visa if he or she intends to visit China again.

2. Entries is the number permitted to enter China during the validity of a visa. A visa becomes invalid if there is no more valid number of entries left. To use such a visa will lead to decline of entry.

3. Duration of each stay refers to the longest period of time the bearer of a visa is permitted to stay in China from the date of entry into China on each visit.

Under Chinese law, a foreign national who overstays his or her visa in China is subject to fine and other penalties. If it's necessary to stay in China longer than the duration of stay on the visa, approval must be obtained from a local public security authority above county level 30 days before the duration of stay is running out. The bearer is permitted to stay in China once the application is approved.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]- See more at: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/us/#sthash.EFbU7PFx.dpuf[/background]

@Hybrid Ambassador: thanks for the response. But I am already well past this pont. I have already submitted my paperwork and received a piece of paper for paying the visa. But there is no amount due. So I have no idea how much to pay or where to do it....I would love to hear from any expats who have gone through this process...

@Hybrid Ambassador: thanks for the response. But I am already well past this pont. I have already submitted my paperwork and received a piece of paper for paying the visa. But there is no amount due. So I have no idea how much to pay or where to do it....I would love to hear from any expats who have gone through this process...

Normally, the Visa stamp fee and all dues declared at the point when you are picking up the Passport when compleated. Or they will notify you as to how much would the Visa will cost you and the method of payment. So just wait till recieving a notification from PRC consualte, I guess.

That's interesting - the Chinese embassy previously wouldn't give you a visa if you applied in a country where you weren't a resident. IE, you couldn't be here in Argentina as a tourist and apply for a visa to China if you had a US passport. THat was true as recently as a few months ago so I'm shocked they approved yours.

I would go back and ask them how much it is. I can't recall how much I paid - I want to say it was over $100 last time I got mine but I honestly don't remember.

You pay when you pick up the passport, do not panic, just have some cash ready, it will be OK.
If you have pick up paper, you are ok. The payment is different depends on the length of the visa, maybe that's why
they did not tell you, sometimes they give everyone a multiple entry visa even though you ask for single entry.
If there is a mistake, and you make a fuss of it, they can fix it quickly. Good luck.

I know someone who will do everything for you for 50 bucks, if you want, message me. She does mine, my boss´s, etc...

Back