Christmas in BsAs

Hey, it is difficult to get where to eat in Christmas day in Buenos Aires for expats.
Shoppings, Mcdonalds and Supermarkets will be closed earlier on 24th and closed all the day on 25 th.
As for Chirismas eves dinner there are a lot of options please check Newspapar guide or advertisements.
I have friends arriving here on Dec. 25 th in the morning, reazons why I have checked some places and share info for your references.
Almost all of Japanse Reataurants closed and first weeks of January for vacations as like, Nihonbashi and Ichiso closed
Some of China town restaurants closed from the night of 24 th but open 25th in night
Alvear Palace hotel on 25 th and 31th and January 1st open for lunch buffe but need a reservation 270 pesos
Hereford Restaurant -Parrilla- in Costanera 25 th for lunch open but dinner closed the same for Dec 31th.
Las Nazarenas - Parrilla- near from Sheraton Retiro 25 th open but 31th for lunch only
Zum Zum bar, Niceto Vega 5500, Palermo Hollywood 25th for night open but 31th closed
Di maggio cafe and italian restaurantUriarte and Cerino Palermo, 25 th in the morning open
A new chinese restaurant , Bulnes and Cabello Palermo open every lunch and dinner all the year and new year.
Cabana las Lilas - Puerto Madero - Open every lunch and dinner but recomend reservation for 24 and 31 dinner
Spirit - Plaza Serrano o Cortazar - Thames y honduras

Unfortunately there is a transportation issue. Taxis stop doing business about 10 pm, maybe a bit earlier. In a conversation today with the concierge at Marriott's Plaza I was told that guests are advised to venture no more than a few blocks for dinner. Upshot--find something close enough to walk to if you don't have access to a private vehicle. And be aware that no one is going to be on the street to help if problems are encountered. I'm also led to believe that after 2 am or so some taxis are out and about, Caveat Emptor.

Ok! today is 24th. And reading all the posts, I don´t see any meeting arranged. Where are you going to dinner and spend this night? Let´s fix a restaurante or a place and a time, and we could go all together to a restaurant or to a house. What you think? Thank you! Bye, bye!

Most restaurants have been booked weeks ago, chances to find one are very low. Taxis will be difficult to get ( do not even try radio taxis, cos they don´t answer the phone, it is easier to try to get one in the streets ) especially between 11pm-2-3am. Buses work on a different schedule so you have better chances ( they may be packed though ). If anybody is driving be very careful!

Just thought I add a footnote.
I got invited to friends, and then to a couple of expats parties, and actually had a great time. New years eve fireworks were manic, so all in all my worries were unfounded.
My thanks to all those who attended the parties for being great company, and for putting up with this excentric Brit.

Back