Christmas Mass At Catedral

kerriem

Registered
Hi there, I have a friend visiting and she is interested in heading to mass on Christmas eve. Has anyone been to mass at Catedral Metropolitana in previous years? I predict it will be over crowded and we'll have no chance of getting in but thought I'd ask...

From this photo, you don't have to worry about getting inside. It's held outside.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catedral-Primada-de-Buenos-Aires/215345905254810

any particular reason you want to subject yourself to that sort of torture? Between the crowds and the heat, I think I would stick to my neighborhood church service. You can go to Catedral any other day it's not packed like that.

There are many beautiful basilicas in BA. If you'd rather not deal with the huge crowds, choose one closer to home. :)

Praise Jesus!

PS- One thing I do love about Buenos Aires is that they don't put the baby Jesus in any of the manger scenes until Midnight on the 24th. I mean, they're recreating The Savior's birth, are they not? Why would they suggest that Jesus came before his birthday when the celebration of his birth is basically a worldwide holiday? (Although it is totally "Jesus' birthday observed". I know that.

There are many beautiful basilicas in BA. If you'd rather not deal with the huge crowds, choose one closer to home. :)

Go to the one in Plaza Güemes. I just went to a wedding there in the last 30 days and that church rocks. And it's nowhere near the city center.

Thank-you for all your suggestions. We've decided to head to a local service instead of braving the crowds and the reported lack of public transport. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

If you mean Anglican, I know there's an Anglican on 25 de Mayo St.

Their number is 11 434 24 618

Back