Christmas (not) in BsAs

Andrew,
Can you post the details for the shuttle to Chascomus? My wife has been wanting to go there.

Andrew,
We took the bus and spent the day in Chascomus. That's a great service for anyone who is thinking of going there. Next time I think we'll stay in a cabaña. We rented some bikes (8 pesos per hour or 40 pesos for all day) and found out that one can rent a rowboat for 30 pesos per hour though the wind was blowing and they wouldn't let us go out today. Compare this to renting a rowboat in Palermo at 120 pesos per hour (nuts!).
It is a good place for a change of air though I don't know if I would swim in that lake.
It was very tranquil today, but it might not be so quiet there on a weekend.

I spent one Christmas in BA and that was my absolute last. It was so sad...no lights anywhere, no Christmas Tree farms, no nada. I guess it's what you grow up with and I'm used to the cheerful, caroling, lights everywhere type of Christmas.

One thing you might want to be aware of are the fireworks or Hydrogen bombs they set off in BA to celebrate Christmas. It scared the absolute living sh!t out of me and I thought Argentina was being invaded...I thought I was in a warzone. haha

HowardinBA said:
Xmas here is quiet,many families go away,and of course many families meet up in their respective homes.If I were you I,d go to Rosario or Salta,not too expensive,do you drive/have transport?depends on your circumstances

Not so QUIET with the non-stop firecrackers. We have to give the dog tranquilizer drops at Christmas & New Years!

Back