Citizenship for parents by giving birth...lawyer needed

expat1989

Registered
Hi All,

I found this group very informative. I will really appreciate if someone could answer a few questions for me.

1) If I come on a visit visa and my wife gives birth in Argentina, can we apply for citizenship right away for us, the newborn and my 2 existing kids.
2) Any idea on how much time it will take for completing the process and getting the citizenship as we have a visit visa for 90 days only.
3) Can we leave the country during the process or only once it is completed?
4) Suppose we get the citizenship, can we apply for a passport from an Argentine embassy abroad or it has to be issued inside the country?
5) Any good lawyer recommendation who can help speed up the process and their charges?

Thanks in advance. Love you guys!

1) You can and I suggest you apply for citizenship before the baby is born. This is more respectful for your wife and safer for your baby. The other children has to wait until one of you get citizenship. 2) you do not need a visa to stay. The process takes between 6/13 months since your arrival if you deliver a baby here.
3) you can travel but you must live here.
3) Fees vary from lawyer to lawyer, mine are 3000 usd paid 2000/1000 for a case like yours per person.

1) You can and I suggest you apply for citizenship before the baby is born. This is more respectful for your wife and safer for your baby. The other children has to wait until one of you get citizenship. 2) you do not need a visa to stay. The process takes between 6/13 months since your arrival if you deliver a baby here.
3) you can travel but you must live here.
3) Fees vary from lawyer to lawyer, mine are 3000 usd paid 2000/1000 for a case like yours per person.
Thank you for this info. just one more query.

My other kids can stay in Argentina after my wife gives birth for the next 6-13 months? as we all will be visiting on tourist visa

Back