Citizenship

If you can only.
The only 3 requirements are:
1) to be 18 years old;
2) to apply before a Federal Judge;
3) marriage or the 2 years for the decision.

What about the requirement for showing gainful supporting income generated in Argentina/employment during the 2 years?

I've heard from reliable Argentinian sources that in practice you won't be granted citizenship by a BA judge without showing this as well. (With perhaps exceptions for those married to Argentinians or with children by them.)

Hello, does anyone know if I can file for citizenship while still living abroad? I am married to a Argentine for 22 years, we also have a child with Argentine citizenship, through my husband. We were married in USA and have lived in Canada since being married. We wish to live in Argentina in the future. I would like to have my citizenship. We visit at least once a year and have a residence in Argentina.

Physical presence is required.
However, if you provide an address here this should be enough but I suggest not to disclosure too much info about where you live.
Now the timing is good because all the procedure is on line and, as soon as it is impossible to make an address certificate, they cannot request it.
However, you are going to need legal representation because otherwise your case is rejected in 5 seconds because they normally ask for uninterrupted residency, even it is abolished. Also, only lawyers can apply on line at the Court website: www.pjn.gob.ar

What about the requirement for showing gainful supporting income generated in Argentina/employment during the 2 years?

I've heard from reliable Argentinian sources that in practice you won't be granted citizenship by a BA judge without showing this as well. (With perhaps exceptions for those married to Argentinians or with children by them.)
With all my respect, I'm the reliable source as soon as I developed the leading precedents that allows to win a case with a lot less requirements.
You do not need to evidence 2 years of income.
You can provide info about your work no matter where is it. The evidence depends on the facts. Normally an accountant certification made in Argentina is oK and cheaper.

With all my respect, I'm the reliable source as soon as I developed the leading precedents that allows to win a case with a lot less requirements.

I second that. Bajo cero knows his job well. I have also seen all the "leading precedents" of Argentina citizenship being quoted in various journals and newsletters of people who promote 2nd citizenships..without giving due credit to my friend.

Physical presence is required.
However, if you provide an address here this should be enough but I suggest not to disclosure too much info about where you live.
Now the timing is good because all the procedure is on line and, as soon as it is impossible to make an address certificate, they cannot request it.
However, you are going to need legal representation because otherwise your case is rejected in 5 seconds because they normally ask for uninterrupted residency, even it is abolished. Also, only lawyers can apply on line at the Court website: www.pjn.gob.ar
How would I go retaining a lawyer and do you know approx how much it would cost for this procedure? Will I need to be there for when it is being finalized?

How would I go retaining a lawyer and do you know approx how much it would cost for this procedure? Will I need to be there for when it is being finalized?
don't be penny wise/pound foolish. Pay the lawyer what he wants and rest your mind in peace for a perfect process with yr application.

don't be penny wise/pound foolish. Pay the lawyer what he wants and rest your mind in peace for a perfect process with yr application.
Sorry? Where did I say I didn't want to pay a lawyer? I am asking for how to get a lawyer, the cost and if I will need to be present in the country once citizenship is granted.. say for a ceremony or something of that nature?

Back