Citizenship

This would be challenging. Western Union does not even know the source of the money you are receiving, Besides, most people claim it to be a "family support".
Since November 1999 I have been using Western Union exclusively to send money to myself and there has never been an alternative to claiming the source of the funds as "family support,"

I can't say with absolute certianly, but I think this is the only way to "justify" the funds without the likelyhood of having them automatically considerd as "income" by AFIP, which might lead to closer scruting of the transfers.

Hi All,

I'm stuck in contestación de convenio Policial hell, it's the only thing I'm missing and wondering A) which Police one that is, and B) who I can bug to speed it up. The secretary says keep waiting, but it's been several months and I'm not really the patient type, especially when it's the only keeping me in limbo and I'm worried they've lost it/forgot about it.

Thanks!
Hey Quilombo - did you ever get movement on this?

I'm more or less in the same position. Oficio sent in Sept 2022, nothing came and resubmitted in November. Same story, nothing and resubmitted in Feb this year.

We are sitting at the end of May (nearly 9 months) still no Convenio oficio. Last thing I need to reach the fiscal.

Wonder if there is a massive slowdown there...

Hey Quilombo - did you ever get movement on this?

I'm more or less in the same position. Oficio sent in Sept 2022, nothing came and resubmitted in November. Same story, nothing and resubmitted in Feb this year.

We are sitting at the end of May (nearly 9 months) still no Convenio oficio. Last thing I need to reach the fiscal.

Wonder if there is a massive slowdown there...
Hey!

Still in the same boat, last message I sent was the secretary telling me that I was "still within the processing time". Who knows, it's looking more and more like this could roll on in to 2024.

Hi all,

How are the judges/secretarias in Mendoza nowadays? In 2021 they were not recommended. Has anything changed?

Hi all,

How are the judges/secretarias in Mendoza nowadays? In 2021 they were not recommended. Has anything changed?
The reason I'm asking is that we're currently living in CABA but plan to move closer to the mountains by the end of the year. Is it better to start the citizenship process here or wait until we move and apply there? We're already eligible and have most of the papers ready(with the only exception being local income, which we will be able to prove in a couple of months).

Back