Citizenship

Looks like my oficios are ready, but of course while I'm out of town 🙃

How long has it taken from picking up oficios to oath for you guys?

Looks like my oficios are ready, but of course while I'm out of town 🙃

How long has it taken from picking up oficios to oath for you guys?
Oficios is a very general term. Most of the oficios are actually done by the court and you will never see them. You will usually have to do the RNR (the antecedentes argentinos) and PFA (another antecedentes report)...and of course the edictos. But every secretaria has slightly different ways of working. Some oficios take a week to respond (like Enrolados) others several months (PFA Convenio). The only reason mine were all complete in 5 months was that I called and bothered everyone several times, literally called Interpol, PFA, Convenio, etc. etc.. Even when the oficios are responded on time, the secretaria often takes months to even acknowledge the response and sometimes the responses get "lost" and they have to redo it. Or you have to find out when and how it was sent and "guide" the secretaria (as I had to do several times). So it can take 6 months or 18 months+ depends on several factors but generally the more involved you are the faster it happens.

My general advice is to "befriend" someone at the secretaria and use them as a contact point when dealing with the court, when calling or sending an email. Always ask for the same person by name. Generally go for one of the auxiliaries these are the junior clarks (usually in their early 20s and still in law school). Learn their names, be nice and respectful (even when you are thinking they are useless at what they do). Treat them like a five year old and explain them even the simplest stuff they should know. You will be surprised how many do not know what they are doing. If you engage people they will remember you and help with making sure you case moves. Again just be nice. If you have seen in what conditions these people work you'd be as unmotivated as they are....

Oficios is a very general term. Most of the oficios are actually done by the court and you will never see them. You will usually have to do the RNR (the antecedentes argentinos) and PFA (another antecedentes report)...and of course the edictos. But every secretaria has slightly different ways of working. Some oficios take a week to respond (like Enrolados) others several months (PFA Convenio). The only reason mine were all complete in 5 months was that I called and bothered everyone several times, literally called Interpol, PFA, Convenio, etc. etc.. Even when the oficios are responded on time, the secretaria often takes months to even acknowledge the response and sometimes the responses get "lost" and they have to redo it. Or you have to find out when and how it was sent and "guide" the secretaria (as I had to do several times). So it can take 6 months or 18 months+ depends on several factors but generally the more involved you are the faster it happens.

Good thing I'm a rompepelotas haha.

I tell my husband this all the time because he's used to it as an Argentine that just accepts taking things forever: you have to be polite, but firm and make it so it's easier for them to give you what you're looking for instead of constantly dealing with the Yanqui ball breaker; for every no there is a yes, you just gotta find it.

You need to reserve an appoint to go sending an email. It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment be patient. I had a friend who helped me go faster.
How long does it take to hear from them with an appointment date? I emailed them on May 1, until now, nothing.

How long does it take to hear from them with an appointment date? I emailed them on May 1, until now, nothing.
Idk just email them again. Email tomorrow early morning they seem to respond better in the am granted they only for 7:30 to 13:30.

If you do email them again let me know if it gets through without issues, any time I email I've been getting a "this email is undeliverable" reply.

Back