Citizenship

Q: I rent an AirBnB in Recoleta, how do I get the "Certificado de domicilio"?

This was the situation in early 2019:

Go to the police station nearest to your residence.

Ask the cop at the desk for “Certificado de Domicilio.” She will ask you the questions and fill out the form for you. She told me it will be delivered in a week.

It doesn’t matter that you rent an Airbnb, just make sure you will still be living there another month or so, because the police will stop by your place to check if you are living there, and to give you the “Certificado de Domicilio.”

In my case, it arrived more than a month later. I was traveling at the time, but I had told the owner that it may be coming. He confirmed to the police that I lived there and the police left the certificate with him. Note: You might go to your nearest police station and they tell you that your address is handled by another precinct miles away. That happened to me. Never a dull moment here.
Now is different. They ask for a service under your name, or a lease contract, it is like almost impossible to do it.

at some point at the end of the process before the sentence the Judge or el fiscal will likely ask for your FBI background check. But it's not something you need to worry about at the beginning. It's one of the last things they ask for.
The fingerprints can be taken at the FBI forms you download at RNR with turno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
Quick question … if this was covered before I apologize for asking again…
If I already have my DNi/ Permanent Residence , and I want to apply for citizenship through the fact that I am married to an Argentine, do I need to, once again, get another FBI criminal background check ,even though I have been living here almost three years and I needed a Criminal Background Check to be able to get my DNI, or am I able to use the one that I used essentially last year in the process of getting permanent residence?
at some point at the end of the process before the sentence the Judge or el fiscal will likely ask for your FBI background check. But it's not something you need to worry about at the beginning. It's one of the last things they ask for.

You are the best! Thank you for the detailed information! Do you have any translator you can recommend? I work in the US, does a simple letter of employment verification will work?
I am also afraid of telling them how much I am making for tax purposes, any other options besides a letter from my employer?
you need a certified translator. just get any that is in the colegio de traductores en Caba.

Yes sure a letter from your job is fine. Whether the court will accept it or not is a different story. But you will find out at some point. They will request a direct response to from your job to confirm you work for them beside the letter. Again this is done later in the application process. You do have to include a salary amount again this has nothing to do with the Afip. Do not worry.

Regarding the passport copy, for posters that have been recently, is it just the main page or have they still been asking for every page?
first page. They get your entries and exists from migracciones now, no need to look for stamps exp now that they no longer stamp passports.

If you've travelled back to the USA between then and now, maybe you will need a new one.

Remember, you are dealing with a judge... The laws are only... guidelines. He/she could ask for more or not ask at all for certain documentation. or be satisfied with others. They are not really accountable to anyone so they can do what they feel is right.

i say this because typically an FBI background check is valid for 6 months. But maybe an old one will do if you can explain to the secretary. Same with the certificado domicilio. And etc. Same with translations. Do you need a college of translators translation? Maybe. Maybe not.

Also, the secretary can request an antecedentes penales,,,, but it will take them months to do it. You can do that in about 20 minutes online. That could dramatically hold up your process.
Yes,.. got it …thanks

Has anyone sent an email to the "[email protected]" email address recently without issues?

I've tried today to send a request for an appointment but each time I get a "Undeliverable" reply within seconds from the Mail Delivery System.

Has anyone sent an email to the "[email protected]" email address recently without issues? I've tried today to send a request for an appointment but each time I get a "Undeliverable" reply within seconds from the Mail Delivery System.
Has anyone sent an email to the "[email protected]" email address recently without issues? I've tried today to send a request for an appointment but each time I get a "Undeliverable" reply within seconds from the Mail Delivery System.
They give 80 turnos per day and they are overwhelmed. Perhaps the mail was full.

Back