Citizenship

I've heard that the judges don't care about race but are often biased on national grounds against people with British sounding names and Chinese people. No idea how true it is. If you have a Spanish name that's probably an advantage

BTW Argentinian constitution says that Argentina welcomes specifically European migration. At least this one is legit as it is the law( even really old one)

On the other hand it all depends on judge.
I know a case there was a european woman who lives 10 + years in Argentina, her religion doesn't allow to say "juro" ( for my US friends here: its typical for Eastern European variations of christianity and maybe Greeks, orthodox etc etc) so she asked to change it to any alternative word. She was denied, the reasoning of the judge: if she doesn't accept the juramento ( there are 3 typical versions of it) as it is she doesn't deserve to be argentine and doesn't need it really" falta de voluntad". Denied.

Btw the guy who played Che Guevara himself Gael Garcia Bernal was denied, and he is Mexican and has Spanish name, ha

BTW Argentinian constitution says that Argentina welcomes specifically European migration. At least this one is legit as it is the law( even really old one)

I know a case there was a european woman who lives 10 + years in Argentina, her religion doesn't allow to say "juro" ( for my US friends here: its typical for Eastern European variations of christianity and maybe Greeks, orthodox etc etc) so she asked to change it to any alternative word. She was denied, the reasoning of the judge: if she doesn't accept the juramento ( there are 3 typical versions of it) as it is she doesn't deserve to be argentine and doesn't need it really" falta de voluntad". Denied.

Btw the guy who played Che Guevara himself Gael Garcia Bernal was denied, and he is Mexican and has Spanish name, ha
Orthodox Christianity has no impact on your ability to jurar jaja.

Gael Garcia Bernal was denied by a judge that messed up and didn't bother to review that we applied on the basis of having an Argentine kid. The case was successfully appealed by his lawyer and it's now back with the court and a different judge. He will eventually and very likely sometime this year get his carta de ciudadania.

Gael Garcia Bernal was denied by a judge that messed up and didn't bother to review that we applied on the basis of having an Argentine kid. The case was successfully appealed by his lawyer and it's now back with the court and a different judge. He will eventually and very likely sometime this year get his carta de ciudadania.

1. Nope if you are religious you cant (at least in old world it is = almost tabu, maybe orthodoxes in some other places can, ni idea, as they have diffrent separate Churches and may have diffrent views, but according to the old tradtitional view on the matter- nope, jesus himself prohibited it according to st matthew sorry no idea how this all is called in english)
2. But he still was denied in the first instance court, if he later fights)its even worse that he need to fight IMHO= with appeals etc it will not change the fact he was denied. Ofc one can try to appeal any denial up to some point

Last edited:
1. Nope if you are religious you cant
2. But he still was denied in the first instance court, if he later fights)its even worse that he need to fight IMHO= with appeals etc it will not change the fact he was denied. Ofc one can try to appeal any denial up to some point
1. according to who?
2. He already won the appeal. Case is reopen and is back on track.

1. according to who?

Sorry I edited it you probably had no moment to see
1. Nope if you are religious you cant (at least in old world it is = almost tabu, maybe orthodoxes in some other places can, ni idea, as they have diffrent separate Churches and may have different views, but according to the old tradtitional view on the matter- nope, jesus himself prohibited it according to st matthew sorry no idea how this all is called in english)
Anyway all this doesnt matter, the lady as most of people of her religion think she cant swear an oath( jurar) and was denied.
so it may be not only those traditional not to be English or Chinese

I've heard that the judges don't care about race but are often biased on national grounds against people with British sounding names and Chinese people. No idea how true it is. If you have a Spanish name that's probably an advantage
Thank you for your input. That is sad, their decision should be based on the law, nothing else. But unfortunately, that is the world we are living in.

1. Nope if you are religious you cant (at least in old world it is = almost tabu, maybe orthodoxes in some other places can, ni idea, as they have diffrent separate Churches and may have diffrent views, but according to the old tradtitional view on the matter- nope, jesus himself prohibited it according to st matthew sorry no idea how this all is called in english)
There is absolutely nothing in the mainstream Orthodox Christianity that prevents people from taking oath in court. You are thinking about Quakers or some other religion.

That sounds scary. Maybe I should hire a lawyer.

This sentence "Carta de Ciudadania". That will be the best day of my life. Better than the day I got married :)

I guess it is because of the Falkland Island dispute.

Back