Citizenship

Hello guys,
Can you please advise me on the time/phase of the process that physical presence is often required? As to go to offices, sign papers etc, and when there is the biggest wait without having to appear anywhere?
I will be applying for Citizenship soon, while I know I should be in Argentina during the whole process, due to certain obligations I am unable to stay in one place for more than 1 month. So I am considering leaving Argentina and have plane tickets ready for whenever I have to fly there but I am trying to figure out how often I will have to do that or if that is even possible.

Hello guys,
Can you please advise me on the time/phase of the process that physical presence is often required? As to go to offices, sign papers etc, and when there is the biggest wait without having to appear anywhere?
I will be applying for Citizenship soon, while I know I should be in Argentina during the whole process, due to certain obligations I am unable to stay in one place for more than 1 month. So I am considering leaving Argentina and have plane tickets ready for whenever I have to fly there but I am trying to figure out how often I will have to do that or if that is even possible.
You can add another person to your case and give them the right to represent you. Generally, you would nee to go once at the very beginning to pick up some of the oficios. Then you would need at some point to get fingerprinted at RNR and Antecedentes/PFA but for that you need to get an appointment after you get the oficios. Finally, at some point the police would come to verify your address, that depends on your local Comisaria. In my case they came literally the same day the court sent them the notice only 3 weeks after I started my case. Many times they don't move a finger until the court hasn't sent them several requests and it can take many many months. YMMV.

You can add another person to your case and give them the right to represent you. Generally, you would nee to go once at the very beginning to pick up some of the oficios. Then you would need at some point to get fingerprinted at RNR and Antecedentes/PFA but for that you need to get an appointment after you get the oficios. Finally, at some point the police would come to verify your address, that depends on your local Comisaria. In my case they came literally the same day the court sent them the notice only 3 weeks after I started my case. Many times they don't move a finger until the court hasn't sent them several requests and it can take many many months. YMMV.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and guidance. That is very helpful.
I will be applying in Córdoba Capital. I stayed in Argentina for only 4 months in 2018 (leave the country twice) but I am the father of Argentino Nativo. Another question, do the judges care about race? While I am called Metisse (Mixed race) home, in the US I am a black man as for these countries there are only Blacks & Whites. Should I consider hiring a lawyer? I will have my Residencia Permanente by the time I apply for Citizenship though ( I plan to apply for Citizenship in the next few weeks)

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and guidance. That is very helpful.
I will be applying in Córdoba Capital. I stayed in Argentina for only 4 months in 2018 (leave the country twice) but I am the father of Argentino Nativo. Another question, do the judges care about race? While I am called Metisse (Mixed race) home, in the US I am a black man as for these countries there are only Blacks & Whites. Should I consider hiring a lawyer? I will have my Residencia Permanente by the time I apply for Citizenship though ( I plan to apply for Citizenship in the next few weeks)
Of course race is not a problem. Now if you get a racist judge he that is a different issue but I wouldn’t worry about that. Since you have an Argentine child your time spent in Argentina is not relevant.

Of course race is not a problem. Now if you get a racist judge he that is a different issue but I wouldn’t worry about that. Since you have an Argentine child your time spent in Argentina is not relevant.
Thank you for you time!

I've heard that the judges don't care about race but are often biased on national grounds against people with British sounding names and Chinese people. No idea how true it is. If you have a Spanish name that's probably an advantage

I've heard that the judges don't care about race but are often biased on national grounds against people with British sounding names and Chinese people. No idea how true it is. If you have a Spanish name that's probably an advantage
British sounding? jaja. I mean they don't need the "sound of it" they can see what nationality you are no matter what your name is...

Back