Citizenship

Had a few self errors this week. I sent the wrong thing to the newspaper to be published. That's not hard to fix. We got the right thing in the next publsh day but we gotta do another trip to drop off the paper.

But I do worry I didn't do some sort of Castellano test while i had my 2 witnesses (my wife's friends) in to give their testimony. The court lady asked me to write something in Spanish and I didn't quite understand what she was asking and my wife wasn't there to kind of prod me along the right direction. I honestly thought she was wanting something ... legal related and there's no way i'm writing that unsupervised given my tenuous understanding of Castellano. I swear i've been here 3-4 years but to the chagrin of everyone around me, i'm just barely making by.

At any rate, i do know @Bajo_cero2 said that the language requirement was unconstitutional, so I don't know how much in trouble i am with the whole process.

Had a few self errors this week. I sent the wrong thing to the newspaper to be published. That's not hard to fix. We got the right thing in the next publsh day but we gotta do another trip to drop off the paper.

But I do worry I didn't do some sort of Castellano test while i had my 2 witnesses (my wife's friends) in to give their testimony. The court lady asked me to write something in Spanish and I didn't quite understand what she was asking and my wife wasn't there to kind of prod me along the right direction. I honestly thought she was wanting something ... legal related and there's no way i'm writing that unsupervised given my tenuous understanding of Castellano. I swear i've been here 3-4 years but to the chagrin of everyone around me, i'm just barely making by.

At any rate, i do know @Bajo_cero2 said that the language requirement was unconstitutional, so I don't know how much in trouble i am with the whole process.
At least in CABA they no longer ask for or do the Castellano exam. I did not have it.

I swear i've been here 3-4 years but to the chagrin of everyone around me, i'm just barely making by.

With practice and patience it will come, and the day it does, it's like a light switch clicking on (at least it was for me). I remember the day it happened: I was reading an article and forgot to right click Chrome to translate it, but I still understood what I was reading. I knew I had finally moved to a higher level of comprehension after practicing for a long time.

And yup, if I remember correctly it was a Chinese woman whose lawyer successfully argued that all else being equal, a lack of proficiency in Spanish was not sufficient grounds to deny someone the ability to naturalize. She also ran her own business, paid taxes, etc. all the things most countries are looking for from potential immigrants/citizens. If the person is living in a different country and has been living there for a few years successfully to the point they're self employed I don't get the need for language exams, obviously they've found a way to make things work for them.

For anyone interested, looks like my case is moving through the system. I received the following in a letter via the PJN website/an email asking for the accountant statement by February:

Agréguese la documentación acompañada y tiénese presente. Toda vez que se dio cumplimiento con lo requerido con fecha XX.XX.2021, corresponde proveer la petición inicial: Se hace saber al interesado que toda gestión del trámite para obtener la ciudadanía argentina, no tiene costo alguno, con excepción del correspondiente a las publicaciones de los edictos que marca la ley, en cuyo caso deberá abonarlo en la sede del periódico designado en estos autos, razón por la cual no se encuentra obligado a pagar suma alguna a ninguna persona aunque ésta se atribuya la representación del Juzgado, hecho que de así ocurrir deberá denunciarlo en forma inmediata ante este Tribunal.

Hágase saber al peticionante que deberá enviar mail con la siguiente documentación escaneada: certificado de ingresos personales emitido por Contador Público Nacional y constancia de CUIL.
(I'm assuming this is because I'm not in a dependency relationship, and as such my income is self reported via facturas emitted/the monotributista system)

Cumplido, recábese por Secretaría informes de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (mediante sistema DEOX), del Registro Nacional de Reincidencia y Estadística Criminal y Carcelaria, del Registro Nacional de Enrolados y Cartas de Ciudadanía (mediante sistema DEO) y al Registro Nacional de las Personas, en éste último caso, atentó lo informado por el Registro Nacional de las Personas mediante oficio de fecha XX.XX.2021, a la dirección de mail [email protected].

Asimismo, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal ArgentinaDivisión Índice Legal-, a fin de que cite al interesado para su identificación, tome huellas dactilares, forme legajo de identidad y/o prontuario y luego informe sobre sus antecedentes.

Cumplido, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal Argentina (División Interpol y Convenio Policial Argentino). A los fines previstos en el art. 11 de la ley 346 (texto según leyes 24.533 y 24.951) publíquese edictos por dos días en el diario………………………………………………….en un lapso de quince días.

Hágase saber que toda petición o consulta sobre el estado del trámite deberá hacerse al correo electrónico y que una vez librados los oficios y edicto pertinentes se lo citará por esa misma vía para su retiro y diligenciamiento, debiendo en esa oportunidad acompañar los originales de la documentación para su certificación.

Si por algún motivo fundado la documentación no pudiera ser certificada en la oportunidad indicada precedentemente, hágase saber que de terminar el trámite, al momento del juramento deberá acompañar todos esos documentos, como así también de la restante documentación que se requiera en original, a los fines de efectuar la certificación de las copias obrantes en el expediente.[/I]

For anyone interested, looks like my case is moving through the system. I received the following in a letter via the PJN website/an email asking for the accountant statement by February:

Agréguese la documentación acompañada y tiénese presente. Toda vez que se dio cumplimiento con lo requerido con fecha XX.XX.2021, corresponde proveer la petición inicial: Se hace saber al interesado que toda gestión del trámite para obtener la ciudadanía argentina, no tiene costo alguno, con excepción del correspondiente a las publicaciones de los edictos que marca la ley, en cuyo caso deberá abonarlo en la sede del periódico designado en estos autos, razón por la cual no se encuentra obligado a pagar suma alguna a ninguna persona aunque ésta se atribuya la representación del Juzgado, hecho que de así ocurrir deberá denunciarlo en forma inmediata ante este Tribunal.

Hágase saber al peticionante que deberá enviar mail con la siguiente documentación escaneada: certificado de ingresos personales emitido por Contador Público Nacional y constancia de CUIL.
(I'm assuming this is because I'm not in a dependency relationship, and as such my income is self reported via facturas emitted/the monotributista system)

Cumplido, recábese por Secretaría informes de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (mediante sistema DEOX), del Registro Nacional de Reincidencia y Estadística Criminal y Carcelaria, del Registro Nacional de Enrolados y Cartas de Ciudadanía (mediante sistema DEO) y al Registro Nacional de las Personas, en éste último caso, atentó lo informado por el Registro Nacional de las Personas mediante oficio de fecha XX.XX.2021, a la dirección de mail [email protected].

Asimismo, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal ArgentinaDivisión Índice Legal-, a fin de que cite al interesado para su identificación, tome huellas dactilares, forme legajo de identidad y/o prontuario y luego informe sobre sus antecedentes.

Cumplido, líbrese oficio a la Policía Federal Argentina (División Interpol y Convenio Policial Argentino). A los fines previstos en el art. 11 de la ley 346 (texto según leyes 24.533 y 24.951) publíquese edictos por dos días en el diario………………………………………………….en un lapso de quince días.

Hágase saber que toda petición o consulta sobre el estado del trámite deberá hacerse al correo electrónico y que una vez librados los oficios y edicto pertinentes se lo citará por esa misma vía para su retiro y diligenciamiento, debiendo en esa oportunidad acompañar los originales de la documentación para su certificación.

Si por algún motivo fundado la documentación no pudiera ser certificada en la oportunidad indicada precedentemente, hágase saber que de terminar el trámite, al momento del juramento deberá acompañar todos esos documentos, como así también de la restante documentación que se requiera en original, a los fines de efectuar la certificación de las copias obrantes en el expediente.
[/I]
They put several steps. You don’t see it but this is might be a headache in future. They must do all these things in 3 working days all together.

I'm just hoping mine gets all wrapped up without issue. My witnesses were called in and we replaced 1 with another.

They put several steps. You don’t see it but this is might be a headache in future. They must do all these things in 3 working days all together.

That sounds accurate about most bureaucracy here, as for how it will all play out, well, we'll have to see I suppose...

Back