Citizenship

Have you been able to send the email? I still haven't heard from them.

Nope, I'm now questioning my decision to study programming if I can't manage to send an email!

I am moving to the province of Buenos Aires in September/October so I think I might hold off until I'm in the province and do it with the court there.

That reminds me of my question for the wider forum - has anyone applied for citizenship in the province of BA and how did it go if so?

Nope, I'm now questioning my decision to study programming if I can't manage to send an email!

I am moving to the province of Buenos Aires in September/October so I think I might hold off until I'm in the province and do it with the court there.

That reminds me of my question for the wider forum - has anyone applied for citizenship in the province of BA and how did it go if so?
My migraciones (PR) and citizenship were much easier in Entre Rios vs CABA.

T

Try sending the email from a different email address. Maybe their software flagged you to ban all senders.

Ya. I’d say it’s super duper easy. You just need to get a few things squared away:
  1. Be patient
  2. Be nice
  3. Have an Argentine spouse
  4. Have kids who were born in Argentina
  5. Be white/male (probably helps a lot) (let’s be honest just in general)
  6. Have money and the ability to have all the things apostilled/translated from your home country.
  7. Your Argentine spouse is familiar with immigration and citizenship law
  8. Your Argentine spouse is a lawyer registered in the province you filed in
  9. Your Argentine spouse takes no shit from nameless bureaucrats.
  10. Speak a modicum of rioplatense
If you just have these 10 things, anyone can do it.

Ya. I’d say it’s super duper easy. You just need to get a few things squared away:
  1. Be patient
  2. Be nice
  3. Have an Argentine spouse
  4. Have kids who were born in Argentina
  5. Be white/male (probably helps a lot) (let’s be honest just in general)
  6. Have money and the ability to have all the things apostilled/translated from your home country.
  7. Your Argentine spouse is familiar with immigration and citizenship law
  8. Your Argentine spouse is a lawyer registered in the province you filed in
  9. Your Argentine spouse takes no shit from nameless bureaucrats.
  10. Speak a modicum of rioplatense
If you just have these 10 things, anyone can do it.
Congratulations!

Darn it! Point 5 hurts :)
Well, I will apply as a black man; if ever I get denied, I will do a "Michael Jackson". Jesus turned water into wine, and Michael Jackson black into white. I have an Argentine child though and I can afford a lawyer.
But I am a lawyer back home and I love working with papers, procedures and stuff. I'll give it a try first.

Congratulations!

Darn it! Point 5 hurts :)
Well, I will apply as a black man; if ever I get denied, I will do a "Michael Jackson". Jesus turned water into wine, and Michael Jackson black into white. I have an Argentine child though and I can afford a lawyer.
But I am a lawyer back home and I love working with papers, procedures and stuff. I'll give it a try first.
I have faith in you! It’s honestly not too complicated. My wife got super upset when she heard them refer to me as "eso yanquii" and then got at them a while. After that... well, service was better.

I have faith in you! It’s honestly not too complicated. My wife got super upset when she heard them refer to me as "eso yanquii" and then got at them a while. After that... well, service was better.
Congratulations again!
Sometimes, Argentina can be very hard; I will keep you all posted throughout my process. I emailed the Court two times: 4 and 2 weeks ago requesting an appointment to drop off my documents and start the process, until now, nothing. No appointment.

What a good way to start!

Back