Citizenship

there's quite a bit of paper pushing that goes on that will take some time for the case to file. For me with an almost ideal (who had argentine wife, argentine kids, permanent residency for 2+ years) it was 8 months of various amounts of waiting for the case to land on the fiscal for final say.

Did they give you an estimate on how long it would take? Mine was pretty clear it would take 6+ months from the very beginning.
Nope but I heard some people saying about a year!

My wife is a lawyer. My permanent residence says i entered the country in 2018 so i have 2+ years which makes this a bit more clear cut. I also have Argentine kids so that's another. And my wife also doesn't let anyone at the courthouse push her around because she's a lawyer.
Does she offer help through this process? I've been here over two years, qualify for rentista residency but would like to move straight forward to citizenship, owing to the two years. I have been working with someone whose become non-responsive who was asking me to provide all the usual info (birth cert, antecedentes EEUU, proof of income, bank statements, etc.) but also a "letter from a CPA stating I make what I say I make. This last bit is what has been holding me up, as all CPA's I've spoken to have quoted me $3-5k USD for this service. Yet I have friends who completed it without this. I would really like some help -- would she or does she know anyone who could? I can speak Castellano fine.

You can apply for citizenship as soon as you arrive in Argentina. I recommend not applying for legal residency because it is the best way to obtain a deportation order. Only in the event that you are going to obtain legal residence should you apply. If you have doubts, don't do it. The advantage of having legal residence is that you can apply for citizenship without a lawyer and save money. Otherwise you should hire a lawyer. There are not many of us who work with citizenship and we work very differently.
Thank you so much for the information Bajo_cero2. But how can I go with my application immediately after I arrive? Is that process applicable to people with no connection? E.g relatives from Argentina. I was thinking one has to have that mandatory 2 years residency requirement out of the way before applying for citizenship.Thank you once again.

Thank you so much for the information Bajo_cero2. But how can I go with my application immediately after I arrive? Is that process applicable to people with no connection? E.g relatives from Argentina. I was thinking one has to have that mandatory 2 years residency requirement out of the way before applying for citizenship.Thank you once again.
In this case, you'd need a lawyer who specializes in these type of "unorthodox" cases, like Bajo. I think they charge ~8.000 USD and there is no guarantee your case will be successful if you go down this path. It's always better to just get temp residence and apply after 2 years. In that case you do not need a lawyer (althou having one cannot hurt).

In this case, you'd need a lawyer who specializes in these type of "unorthodox" cases, like Bajo. I think they charge ~8.000 USD and there is no guarantee your case will be successful if you go down this path. It's always better to just get temp residence and apply after 2 years. In that case you do not need a lawyer (althou having one cannot hurt).
Thank you for the information dsp27. That was my initial idea but then I thought of going through a study route thereby applying after am done studying. But I think the temp residence and applying after 2 years is a better option. Thank you once again.

Hello guys,
It looks like the "certificado de residencia" issued by DNM takes about 90 days, do you know any way I can get it sooner?

When you start the RADEX choose the 20.000 pesos procedure. Once you choose the slow one, you cannot fix it.
Darn it!!! I didn't pay attention or they hadn't give me the 20 000 pesos option. Can I just request a new one and paying that? How long does the 20 000 express take compared to the slow one?
They just said about 90 days but I have no idea when it will come. Will the Court start the Intepol step while waiting for the certificado de residencia?

Back