Citizenship

Amazing. And to confirm, the new DNI is required before attempting this?

Delivered by post, Correo Argentino. We've had mixed experience with them, at one place we rented, simply out of laziness, the postman would falsely declare he'd been, rung the bell, and nobody answered. Where we are now, delivery of DNIs and passports has been absolutely correct. I believe a private postal company, OCA, is also used to deliver DNIs, but I don't have any experience of them.

You need to sign for the DNI on delivery. In fact, you also need the piece of paper they give you at RENAPER, to claim delivery. It's not going to just be dropped in the box. They don't show you the document, you get to open the envelope whenever you want yourself.

If the DNI can't be delivered after 2 attempts, at least in Buenos Aires it goes back to a central office in Av. Jujuy where it's kept until you pick it up. I've had a DNI kept for me there for over a year, due to the pandemic, I didn't bother to pick it up until I had renewed my temporary residency again and went to pick up the new one. They cut up the old DNI in front of me.

I'd say there's little chance of the plastic getting lost.
Hi Frank,
thanks.Will you get the courier number after the DNI is shipped? So you can track the delivery? Or just wait at your address for delivery every day? thanks

Hi Frank,
thanks.Will you get the courier number after the DNI is shipped? So you can track the delivery? Or just wait at your address for delivery every day? thanks
The receipt you get when you apply for the DNI (the same one you have to give the postman to receive the DNI) has an ID number on it (Idtramite) which you can use on https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/ondng The tracking number only becomes active once the DNI is produced, so it's really only visible for a few days, between production and delivery. Outside of this interval, the page will say that the number doesn't exist. There's a similar page for tracking passports https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/onpa

The receipt you get when you apply for the DNI (the same one you have to give the postman to receive the DNI) has an ID number on it (Idtramite) which you can use on https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/ondng The tracking number only becomes active once the DNI is produced, so it's really only visible for a few days, between production and delivery. Outside of this interval, the page will say that the number doesn't exist. There's a similar page for tracking passports https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/onpa
thanks Frank ;)

Hello guys,
Finally, after 114 days, I received the "Certificado de residencia" from DMI yesterday; I sent a copy to the Court the same day and today they sent the oficios to Renaper, DNM, Policía Federal, Interpol and Cámara Nacional Electoral via Deox and emails. They also send the Edictos but they didn't say in which newspaper it should be published. They also made an error in my mother's name (Just one letter).
My questions:
1- How long it takes these offices to respond to the oficios approximately?
2- Should I contact them to rectify the error?
3- Do I publish to any newspaper? As they didn't specify one.
4- Are these all the oficios or they are more to come?

Thank you for your time!

Hello guys,
Finally, after 114 days, I received the "Certificado de residencia" from DMI yesterday; I sent a copy to the Court the same day and today they sent the oficios to Renaper, DNM, Policía Federal, Interpol and Cámara Nacional Electoral via Deox and emails. They also send the Edictos but they didn't say in which newspaper it should be published. They also made an error in my mother's name (Just one letter).
My questions:
1- How long it takes these offices to respond to the oficios approximately?
2- Should I contact them to rectify the error?
3- Do I publish to any newspaper? As they didn't specify one.
4- Are these all the oficios or they are more to come?

Thank you for your time!
1. Most were done in 1 to 2.5 months with the exception of the oficio de Convenio Policial, which is currently in month 6 (I emailed the secretary at the court and they told me to follow up after Christmas)
2. Yes, get it fixed. Mine had my first name twice for some reason, they fixed it quickly
3. It should state a newspaper specifically, double check you didn't miss the name of it, and if not, confirm with the secretary
4. It looks more or less right off the top of my head but the judge could always ask for more from you, the others who've got their citizenship can confirm.

QQ for those who got new DNIs: what DNI number are you guys getting as citizens? i.e 95.XXX.XXX/96.XXX.XXX just curious.

The name of the newspaper should appear right under the title, "Edicto".

Every newspaper has a different price for publishing the edictos, 6 months ago Diario Popular cost 11000 pesos for 2 days. I believe Diario Judicial is also a reasonable price. La Nacion would have been around 50,000 pesos.

Our DNIs start with 19. And I am still in DNI purgatory, trying to change my DNI. I changed it at ANSES, only to find that I can't verify my personal data, since the mobile number and email are already in the system. Duh! I changed it at Mercadolibre (seems to work fine), and Mercadopago, which then got stuck in the verification process since I haven't changed it yet at AFIP (which probably needs the ANSES mess sorted out before I can do it). I'm trying to change it with the DNRPA, I have an appointment with them tomorrow. It's never-ending.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a lawyer for the citizenship application? Many thanks.

Hi guys,
Is antecedentes PFA the same as Convenio?

My oficios were sent on November 29, 2022; so far we received responses from CNE, informe socio-ambiantal, and Migración. I did PFA and Reincidencia myself. I also published the Edictos two times, so done with that. However, I don't see any oficios for Convenio.

Now, we are just waiting for Interpol and Renaper.

Back