Citizenship

hello.

My wife and I are now in BA for few months
Our daughter who is a few years old is a citizen and born in Argentina.
My wife and I currently hold the DNI of permanent resident status, can we apply for citizenship and passport without waiting for two years?

hello.

My wife and I are now in BA for few months
Our daughter who is a few years old is a citizen and born in Argentina.
My wife and I currently hold the DNI of permanent resident status, can we apply for citizenship and passport without waiting for two years?
Of course.

Yes. You can apply for the carta de ciudadania going to the court now. It takes about 1-2 years on average to finalize the process. After that you can ge the passport.

Yes. You can apply for the carta de ciudadania going to the court now. It takes about 1-2 years on average to finalize the process. After that you can ge the passportI
Thanks.

but I don't speak Spanish and unemployed now.
Is that necessary to have a job or income to apply it?

but what is that main different between permeant resident and citizen? except you cannot leave the country for more than two years and the passport.

Thanks again.

Thanks.

but I don't speak Spanish and unemployed now.
Is that necessary to have a job or income to apply it?

but what is that main different between permeant resident and citizen? except you cannot leave the country for more than two years and the passport.

Thanks again.
If your partner works or has an income that's enough just put them as the "bread earner" .
The main difference is you get a passport and can vote. Permanent residence can be lost if you leave the country for over 2 years without coming back for a few days. Other than that there's no huge difference.

depends also on how powerful your passport is. The argentine passport does have some advantages. Like being able to work in the rest of Mercosur. Although Brazil and Argentine have a mutual PR agreement oo.

depends also on how powerful your passport is. The argentine passport does have some advantages. Like being able to work in the rest of Mercosur. Although Brazil and Argentine have a mutual PR agreement oo.
Thanks for your help.
my wife and I born to have two passports already.
we just think that do we need the third one, recently?
we come here because we like this place, and we want our baby learn Spanish and have more chances in the future.
However, living here for a while, the economy makes us thinking about "should we stay for longer?"
This place is good for retirement.
The plan right now is let the baby finish the kindergarten first, learning to speak Spanish. And we try to figure out during this time.....

btw, what is Brazil and Argentine have a mutual PR agreement?

thanks so much, you guys are nice.

Thanks for your help.
my wife and I born to have two passports already.
we just think that do we need the third one, recently?
we come here because we like this place, and we want our baby learn Spanish and have more chances in the future.
However, living here for a while, the economy makes us thinking about "should we stay for longer?"
This place is good for retirement.
The plan right now is let the baby finish the kindergarten first, learning to speak Spanish. And we try to figure out during this time.....

btw, what is Brazil and Argentine have a mutual PR agreement?

thanks so much, you guys are nice.
Just apply for the citizenship. Nothing to lose. Speaking Spanish is not a requirement anymore. Go tot he court start the process and forget about it check the progress occasionally.

Brazil and Argentina have an agreement where each of their citizens can get permanent residence directly of they more to the other country. MERCOSUR is temporary and for naturalized citizens it kicks in only after 5 years of citizenship. But for Brazil that's not the case as per the bilateral agreement.

Back