Citizenship

Just apply for the citizenship. Nothing to lose. Speaking Spanish is not a requirement anymore. Go tot he court start the process and forget about it check the progress occasionally.

Brazil and Argentina have an agreement where each of their citizens can get permanent residence directly of they more to the other country. MERCOSUR is temporary and for naturalized citizens it kicks in only after 5 years of citizenship. But for Brazil that's not the case as per the bilateral agreement.
Do you have a link to this bilateral agreement by chance?

Basically what you're saying is that naturalized Argentine citizens can get PR instantly in Brazil and don't need to wait 5 years like other countries within Mercosur after naturalizing?

Just apply for the citizenship. Nothing to lose. Speaking Spanish is not a requirement anymore. Go tot he court start the process and forget about it check the progress occasionally.

Brazil and Argentina have an agreement where each of their citizens can get permanent residence directly of they more to the other country. MERCOSUR is temporary and for naturalized citizens it kicks in only after 5 years of citizenship. But for Brazil that's not the case as per the bilateral agreement.
yes, thanks. I think so. I am thinking to find a lawyer to make things smoothly.
About the "Certificado de antecedentes". is that mean from Argentina or my original place?
About the "Justificación de medios de vida". I am unemployed right now. I am using my saving. Can I use my bank statement rather than recibo de sueldo.

I read the preview replies. Some people send to this email [email protected] first. Should I start the process with this email?

Thanks again for your help

Last edited:
yes, thanks. I think so. I am thinking to find a lawyer to make things smoothly.
About the "Certificado de antecedentes". is that mean from Argentina or my original place?
About the "Justificación de medios de vida". I am unemployed right now. I am using my saving. Can I use my bank statement rather than recibo de sueldo.

I read the preview replies. Some people send to this email [email protected] first. Should I start the process with this email?

Thanks again for your help
Don't worry about the certificado de antecedentes for now, they will ask for it later. Yes your country of origin.
If submit. bank statement or something they will revisit it later. You can get an accountant to give you a certificado de ingresos personales....
Yes that's the email I think.

I did my process in provincia,

Hi Brian, did you apply for citizenship in the province of Buenos Aires?

I would like to start the process, from what I understand I need to go to the "Juzgado Nacional en lo Civil y Comercial Federal" closest to where I live (appears to be Quilmes), so I sent an e-mail to [email protected] but they told me that the "Cámara de Apelaciones" doesn't manage the process and I should go to migraciones (this last part I know to be incorrect).

I think I e-mailed the wrong court, do you by chance remember who you contacted at first to get the first appointment in the province?

Cheers.

Don't worry about the certificado de antecedentes for now, they will ask for it later. Yes your country of origin.
If submit. bank statement or something they will revisit it later. You can get an accountant to give you a certificado de ingresos personales....
Yes that's the email I think.
Thanks
Since something I need to give later, so what should I bring at the first turno?
besides, I have my birth certificate in hand, but not Apostilla y/o Legalización Internacional. Can I do it in Buenos Aires?

Hi Brian, did you apply for citizenship in the province of Buenos Aires?

I would like to start the process, from what I understand I need to go to the "Juzgado Nacional en lo Civil y Comercial Federal" closest to where I live (appears to be Quilmes), so I sent an e-mail to [email protected] but they told me that the "Cámara de Apelaciones" doesn't manage the process and I should go to migraciones (this last part I know to be incorrect).

I think I e-mailed the wrong court, do you by chance remember who you contacted at first to get the first appointment in the province?

Cheers.
I did almost everything in Entre Rios. I suspect you want Justicia Federal de la Plata. Mine was ran through Parana. but you'll likely have a federal court house nearby that will manage the process. The more campo you are the more likely you'll need to explain the process to the clerks.

I did almost everything in Entre Rios. I suspect you want Justicia Federal de la Plata. Mine was ran through Parana. but you'll likely have a federal court house nearby that will manage the process. The more campo you are the more likely you'll need to explain the process to the clerks.

Ah great thanks! I took a look and that does indeed look like the court I should be contacting.

Thanks
Since something I need to give later, so what should I bring at the first turno?
besides, I have my birth certificate in hand, but not Apostilla y/o Legalización Internacional. Can I do it in Buenos Aires?
Anything not in Spanish needs to be translated by an official translator

Anything not in Spanish needs to be translated by an official translator
About the Apostilla. Because my documents are in my original country.
Should it apostilla in my original country and then send to here translate.
Or I ask my family to send the document to argentina and do the translate and apostilla in BA?
sorry for so many questions. because I cannot find too much details in google...

Back