Citizenship

Can anyone give a piece of advice ? I applied for citizenship in CABA. Secretaria issued DEO letters to migrations, police convenio and camara nacional. In those letters they specified my name, country of birth, date of birth, passport number etc. But they made a mistake in my date of birth. Actually they put a completely different date of birth. I asked my secretaria 4-5 times to fix it, 2 times in person. And they promised to fix, but it's been 2 months now already and I dont see any changes on the scw.pjn website in my case. And then they issued other letters to interpol, etc with CORRECT date of birth, but didnt fix previous.

Migrations answered them with the correct information and specified my correct date of birth (probably because they had my passport number in the letter and can check their system). But camara nacional and policia convenio usually answer with a letter, where only name and numero expediente are stated. So basically by their usual answer it would be impossible to tell if they checked me or some other person with different date of birth.

The question is: 1) should I pressure secretaria to fix those letters? I am confused what I can do if they just dont fix them themselves. Do I need a lawyer? 2) maybe secretaria somehow attached additional information to those letters, which I dont see on scw.pjn.gov.ar and everything is fine? 3)maybe when secretaria sends letters, policia will anyway download my passport scan from my case and it is not a problem at all?

I am greatly confused as I have no means to influence the secretaria. And definitely dont want to waste another 8 months for a new letter to policia convenio.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
The question is: 1) should I pressure secretaria to fix those letters? I am confused what I can do if they just dont fix them themselves. Do I need a lawyer? 2) maybe secretaria somehow attached additional information to those letters, which I dont see on scw.pjn.gov.ar and everything is fine? 3)maybe when secretaria sends letters, policia will anyway download my passport scan from my case and it is not a problem at all?

I am greatly confused as I have no means to influence the secretaria. And definitely dont want to waste another 8 months for a new letter to policia convenio.
Thank you in advance!
I would as this happened to me too, for example, they put my last name as my first name once, my first name as my first name and middle name, etc. I emailed them and asked them politely to fix it and they did and they re-issued the letters

I would as this happened to me too, for example, they put my last name as my first name once, my first name as my first name and middle name, etc. I emailed them and asked them politely to fix it and they did and they re-issued the letters
When ask them politely 5 times (by email and in person together) and nothing happens. I feel like I am super annoying.

And this also brought no result. Which is why I'm asking if there is any possibility it may all go well even if I dont see a new letter in the system.... I guess I will have to visit them again and remind them. 2 months will be lost if they issue a new letter.

Overall, the police answers with expediente number, so it may indicate their reply letter would still be valid for the judge....

Sorry, I meant what month/year
Sorry, I read it wrong. I started on August 4, 2022; the judgment was issued on August 4, 2023. Could have been sooner as I got the Interpol oficios since April but I was out of the country and I was delayed by 2 months because of the "Edictos". The court wanted the hard copy but I only had a pdf version. Since they were published last year, I couldn't get the copies so I had to publish them again after trying in vain to get the 1st ones for a month.

Back