Citizenship

The final DEO came through for the Police and my application looks as follows now:

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 17.42.58.png

I wonder how far out I am from the final steps/what is left.

The final DEO came through for the Police and my application looks as follows now:

View attachment 9008

I wonder how far out I am from the final steps/what is left.
Do you mind sharing how long this took from the time it was sent to time it was received?

Mine was sent exactly 1 year ago and like you - last thing I appear to be waiting on...

Do you mind sharing how long this took from the time it was sent to time it was received?

Mine was sent exactly 1 year ago and like you - last thing I appear to be waiting on...
Sure, about 13 months from when I had delivered it to the police and they stamped my copy, to the DEO being sent to the court and me seeing it in the portal

I'm doing mine in CABA

This is a great thread with lots of useful information. I made an account because I need to get some clarifications.
Me and my wife and son (all non argentine nationals) will travel to BA and my wife will give birth to our second son there.

After gleaning what I can from the thread I have the following questions:
  1. Is it true that we do not need to get PR first before applying for citizenship if we have an argentine child?
  2. Will our existing child also be able to apply for citizenship at the same time as his parents? (I've read that he would need to wait until the age of 18)
  3. what is acceptable proof of income? at the time of application I will have been living in argentina for less than 3 months, so I will only have argentine financial records (WU receipts) for a couple of months. Is this acceptable? I get paid in cryptocurrency by my company. and only cash out what we need.
Thanks in advance

1. Is it true that we do not need to get PR first before applying for citizenship if we have an argentine child?
  2. Will our existing child also be able to apply for citizenship at the same time as his parents? (I've read that he would need to wait until the age of 18)
  3. what is acceptable proof of income? at the time of application I will have been living in argentina for less than 3 months, so I will only have argentine financial records (WU receipts) for a couple of months. Is this acceptable? I get paid in cryptocurrency by my company. and only cash out what we need.
1. Yes, but as someone applying via a similar degree relationship (I'm married to a natural born Argentine citizen) my naturalization process has taken almost 2 years to get towards the judge actually reviewing it, and I have no guarantee it will wrap up before the end of 2023. There are numerous pros, and no cons that I'm aware of for getting your permanent residency while waiting for your citizenship, plus having a DNI will make your guys' lives 10x easier, plus you'd be free to enter and leave the country with less headaches since you'd have a regularized migratory situation.

2. Bajo will know this more than any of us, but 18 is the letter of the law, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a case he's familiar with in which it might be possible to apply for before hand - again, not something I can speak to. He's a lawyer that specializes in immigration and citizenship, and if you don't plan to get your PR while waiting for your citizenship, you basically have to go through him, si o si.

3. You're setting yourself up for problems with AFIP/UIF by declaring to a judge that you have foreign income, but not using the MULC to settle these funds. That being said, given the odds 66% to 33% that Comunicación "A" 6770/2019 gets revoked in December, it might be a non-issue and you could start simply sending your earnings here, but this all depends on what happens in October and November, so I would wait until then, and from what I've heard, judges have taken WU remittance receipts as proof of funds for sustainment. This is also why I recommend getting the DNI while waiting anways as you'll be able to become a monotributista and build credit here while waiting to become a citizen, and use your registration with AFIP as a proof of having a job/means to support yourself and family, and same with your spouse if they are working.

The important thing to remember is that the process for citizenship is going to take a long time compared to me and others as we started before the Russians and Ukrainians came, and it was already slow then.

Also, what country do you, your spouse, have citizenship from? If it's Russia, Ukraine, or any CIS States expect it to take even longer too, they're really scrutinizing applications from these folks.

1. Yes, but as someone applying via a similar degree relationship (I'm married to a natural born Argentine citizen) my naturalization process has taken almost 2 years to get towards the judge actually reviewing it, and I have no guarantee it will wrap up before the end of 2023. There are numerous pros, and no cons that I'm aware of for getting your permanent residency while waiting for your citizenship, plus having a DNI will make your guys' lives 10x easier, plus you'd be free to enter and leave the country with less headaches since you'd have a regularized migratory situation.

2. Bajo will know this more than any of us, but 18 is the letter of the law, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a case he's familiar with in which it might be possible to apply for before hand - again, not something I can speak to. He's a lawyer that specializes in immigration and citizenship, and if you don't plan to get your PR while waiting for your citizenship, you basically have to go through him, si o si.

3. You're setting yourself up for problems with AFIP/UIF by declaring to a judge that you have foreign income, but not using the MULC to settle these funds. That being said, given the odds 66% to 33% that Comunicación "A" 6770/2019 gets revoked in December, it might be a non-issue and you could start simply sending your earnings here, but this all depends on what happens in October and November, so I would wait until then, and from what I've heard, judges have taken WU remittance receipts as proof of funds for sustainment. This is also why I recommend getting the DNI while waiting anways as you'll be able to become a monotributista and build credit here while waiting to become a citizen, and use your registration with AFIP as a proof of having a job/means to support yourself and family, and same with your spouse if they are working.

The important thing to remember is that the process for citizenship is going to take a long time compared to me and others as we started before the Russians and Ukrainians came, and it was already slow then.

Also, what country do you, your spouse, have citizenship from? If it's Russia, Ukraine, or any CIS States expect it to take even longer too, they're really scrutinizing applications from these folks.

Thanks for the information, and good luck to you, it sounds like you're nearly at the finish line.

1. We looking at having the baby and then going back, and coming back to argentina some years later to apply for our citizenships, I assume this gap is irrelevant. any idea how long it takes for a baby to go from birth certificate -> DNI -> passport?

2. It's possible that my company would be able to transfer me to argentina and then i'd have a regular income in the country its just not feasible right this moment.

No, we're not from Eastern Europe, I'm British but we live in South east Asia

I was talking to Venezuelan Uber driver the other day and he told me it took him 3 months to get citizenship from the day he applied for it. He said something like; “apply in a less busy jurisdiction and to do that have your lawyer find another lawyer in that area, not necessarily an immigration lawyer but a lawyer who can open the case in this jurisdiction. Your lawyer in BsAs will do the paperwork. Will cost a bit more but much faster!” Made sense to me, what do you guys think?

I was talking to Venezuelan Uber driver the other day and he told me it took him 3 months to get citizenship from the day he applied for it. He said something like; “apply in a less busy jurisdiction and to do that have your lawyer find another lawyer in that area, not necessarily an immigration lawyer but a lawyer who can open the case in this jurisdiction. Your lawyer in BsAs will do the paperwork. Will cost a bit more but much faster!” Made sense to me, what do you guys think?
Out of interest what is the cost all-in of an immigration lawyer to do the whole thing?

Thanks for the information, and good luck to you, it sounds like you're nearly at the finish line.

1. We looking at having the baby and then going back, and coming back to argentina some years later to apply for our citizenships, I assume this gap is irrelevant. any idea how long it takes for a baby to go from birth certificate -> DNI -> passport?

2. It's possible that my company would be able to transfer me to argentina and then i'd have a regular income in the country its just not feasible right this moment.

No, we're not from Eastern Europe, I'm British but we live in South east Asia
1. Should be yes provided the laws aren't changed. Birth Certificate I'm not sure, DNI for citizens is pretty fast, and passport should be no more than a month (you need the DNI to get it), it was taking a long time previously but apparently they fixed the problems.

2. I would wait until 2024 to see what things are like here before even considering this.

As Brits you guys should be fine, they mainly scrutinize Ukraine/Russia/CIS and Chinese citizens these days.

Back