"Clamping Down On Mullets"

Napoleon said:
I keep thinking that the title to this thread is:

"Clamping Down On Perms"

And I keep wanting to start a thread titled:

"Clamping Down On Mullets"

Is that your idea of cleaver?

ReemsterCARP said:
I was looking for the exact document stating rules about the amount of days a "tourist" can spend on a yearly basis in Argentina (regardless of the tourist-visa), but couldn't find it. I'm sure there is such a document because I read about it when applying for my student visa a few years ago.
Have searched for a definitive answer to your question and have come up empty: 180 day limit per year. Official web sites always note the 90 day tourist visa, and verify an one time "in country extension" is allowed, thus equaling 180 days. The only thing I did find that directly addressed "180" day limit was for a Business Visa and that information was on a none government site. "When visiting with a Business Visa, the individual is limited to 180 days per calendar year." It was the only information I found which directly addressed the "180" day limit. I too am interested in the 180 day limit. Have made about eight trips in 2009 and all totaled, got about 170 days in Argentina. No single trip over the 90 day limit and they are legitimate tourist trips. If falling in lust/love is considered touristy stuff. Like yourself, would like to see the documentation.

Lee said:
Honestly lets be real OK?

Those of us who are in that tiny and let me add tiny group of wealthy individuals that can have the status of "perma-tourists" should hardly be an issue or even a passing thought for the government of Argentina.

Sure...I can understand why they would not want potentially social service draniners like backpackers coming down and living forever...but that is not the case with our elite group.

I can imagine that we make up even 1% of the tourists who actually do come here for a week and leave...so what.

Abusing the system...really...who the fuck tells me how long my vacation can be...perhaps instead of 2 weeks like the common folks I actually can talk a 3 year vacation.

:eek:

Listen, you tatooed freak!

get legal or be prepred to leave!!!!

Well, maybe not.

It really is a fucked up system, isn't it?

Perhaps not, after all.

It's so simple, isn't it?

Lee said:
First of all how do you know I have a tattoo (I do actually...the Chinese character for DEATH)...

You previously posted a link that featured your tattoos...

you silly (perhaps sexy) goose.

All the perma-tourists and residents are safe until the government figures out a way to grab your money. If giving foreigners a hard time provides any political or financial advantage watch out.

Lee said:
Honestly lets be real OK?

Those of us who are in that tiny and let me add tiny group of wealthy individuals that can have the status of "perma-tourists" should hardly be an issue or even a passing thought for the government of Argentina.

Sure...I can understand why they would not want potentially social service draniners like backpackers coming down and living forever...but that is not the case with our elite group.

I can imagine that we make up even 1% of the tourists who actually do come here for a week and leave...so what.

Abusing the system...really...who the fuck tells me how long my vacation can be...perhaps instead of 2 weeks like the common folks I actually can talk a 3 year vacation.

:eek:

So who makes the decision when you enter the country that your are rich one who can afford a 3 year holiday and not the social service drainers who wants to work illegally in the country and not pay tax?

Back