Cleaning person

BostonToBA

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to clean my studio apartment this week. I don't have a regular cleaning person- does anyone know of someone reliable that might be able to do this on short notice? It will probably only take a couple of hours, I just don't have time this week and need it to be sparkling clean by Thursday! Please let me know if you have any recommendations! .

Thanks!

Do I understand it to be a one time shot for 2 hours? Where do you live? If its in Barrio Norte or a nearby neighborhood and you pay for a taxi, I can recommend my part time maid if you pay 120 pesos per hour which is what I recently paid in NYC for a maid to come once every 2 weeks for 4 hours. PM me.
She is great.

scarface said:
Do I understand it to be a one time shot for 2 hours? Where do you live? If its in Barrio Norte or a nearby neighborhood and you pay for a taxi, I can recommend my part time maid if you pay 120 pesos per hour which is what I recently paid in NYC for a maid to come once every 2 weeks for 4 hours. PM me.
She is great.

$120 pesos (almost $30 USD) per hour for a cleaning person in BA is more than a bit steep. Even though it's hard for me do do so, will leave it to others to insinuate what additional services should be included at that rate.

scarface said:
She is great.
that,s all inclusive i presume:cool:

LOL - 120 pesos an hour for cleaning service. Damn, I knew inflation was bad but not that bad:rolleyes::D

Going rate for a p/t maid is between 20 & 25 pesos an hour.

OP doesnt want a part time maid. S/he wants a one time 2 hour shot. That can not be priced the same as the normal hourly rate for a maid that comes 2 or 3 x a week on a continuing basis. My point was that you can't expect to get a maid cheaply for that one time, 2 hour job.
Would you shlep across town in public transportation to make 40 pesos for a 2 hour job?
p.s. I paid US$100 for a 3/4 hour job once every 2 weeks in NYC last just a couple of months ago. I was just extrapolating. Okay ...maybe 60 pesos/hr.

scarface said:
OP doesnt want a part time maid. S/he wants a one time 2 hour shot. That can not be priced the same as the normal hourly rate for a maid that comes 2 or 3 x a week on a continuing basis. My point was that you can't expect to get a maid cheaply for that one time, 2 hour job.
Would you shlep across town in public transportation to make 40 pesos for a 2 hour job?
p.s. I paid US$100 for a 3/4 hour job once every 2 weeks in NYC last just a couple of months ago. I was just extrapolating. Okay ...maybe 60 pesos/hr.

For that rate you might be able to get an underemployed expat English teacher who doesn't mind doing a little "manual" labor to make up for the shortfall in income from teaching...and understands exactly what is expected.

And won't file a lawsuit after working en negro.

Hmm I didn't realize it would be so expensive! I lived in a larger shared apartment previously and my roommate had arranged with a maid for about $17 per hour on a biweekly basis, which did seem quite low to me, but I've never heard of more than 30. I had in mind closer to 40 pesos per hour for this job, does that seem like a reasonable rate? I live in Palermo, so if anyone has a cleaning person that comes regularly in the area, maybe they could come by my house on the same day.

80 -100 pesos for 2 hours is not unreasonable assuming she doesnt have to travel far. Do you have cleaning supplies? What exactly do you need done? My maid is a fantastic worker and as honest as the day is long. Her husband is the encargado of the building across from mine in Recoleta. She might want the job. PM me and I will give you her tel # ...do you speak Spanish?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gorilla Monsoon Expat Life 1
R Expat Life 7
amsam Expat Life 0
C Jobs 62
Davidglen77 Jobs 0
Back