Expat cleaning person?

CarverFan

Registered
Are there any expats interested in doing some house-cleaning? If so, let me know what you would charge per hour. Thnx!

I guess no one else is going to answer this now!! Can anyone recommend an agency I could hire someone through or professional cleaning service? There were a couple of links on another thread but the websites didn't work. Cheers.

Try to contact an arquitect to ask for an agency you can trust. When the renovation is done, arquitects usually hire a reliable agency for a deep cleaning of the house.

I heard that staff hired through agencies that hire a cleaning person ended up with robberies at the house.

If your need is not so professional, a doorman can do it.

Hmm, I guess it's back to looking for an expat in search of some temporary work. I did have a cleaning lady, but she just vanished into thin air one day...someone told me that you are meant to receive a resignation letter and I didn't get any, so I don't know what the implications of hiring another local person would be...

Maybe, TheBlackHand, but she was not shy of asking for a raise in the past so don't think that's the reason. She was getting 17 an hour, it was getting a bit problematic with the neighbours as they were paying their cleaner (who introduced my cleaner to me) less...

the going rate is 25 these days. the bare minimum if you dont want to be considered a " rata " is 20. How do you expect someone to live on 17 pesos an hour ?

I pay my maid 25 pesos. If you'd pay the same, i'm sure you'll find a good reliable honest worker that doesnt feel like shes getting exploited. Just some food for thought.

Back