"Closed Door" Restaurants

SaltShaker said:
As to a couple of the other comments - our prices are the same as Casa Felix' - we talk with each other regularly. Whether or not you feel our value is equal to Diego and Sanra's offerings, is, of course, a matter of personal preference.

Dan: Thanks for clearing a few things up for us. My apologies on the pricing mixup, I never did actually look to verify on your website... just passing on what friends had said. Anyway, I do hope to come by soon and have dinner at Casa Saltshaker.

We'll keep the porchlight on!

;-)

Bianca said:
Dan: Thanks for clearing a few things up for us. My apologies on the pricing mixup, I never did actually look to verify on your website... just passing on what friends had said. Anyway, I do hope to come by soon and have dinner at Casa Saltshaker.

I was at CasaSaltShaker a couple of years ago with three friends. We were ALL completely disappointed with the mediocre food, "attitude" as one previous person mentioned and the price. I apologize but I really do not know what the "hype" is all about. I have met others who dined there as well and had the same comments. If you want a decent meal, best to stick with the more established RESTAURANTS that you like and know. For example, "SOTTOVOCE" is, by far, the best Italian restaurant in Buenos Aires.

HDM said:
Where is Sottovoce?

Sottovoce is good!
There are two. One in Palermo & one in Recoleta. (Clicky on resto name above for addresses.)

Opp, this is not a closed door restaurant. Sorry to side track the thread.

Reactions: HDM
rmartinbuenosaires said:
I apologize but I really do not know what the "hype" is all about. I have met others who dined there as well and had the same comments. If you want a decent meal, best to stick with the more established RESTAURANTS that you like and know. For example, "SOTTOVOCE" is, by far, the best Italian restaurant in Buenos Aires.

Casa SaltShaker isn't the only closed-door restaurant. The two best (BY FAR) restaurants I've been to in Buenos Aires have been closed-door restaurants. I wouldn't discount all of them because you had one bad experience... you'd be missing out on some great places.

Thanks mini. I walked by this a few days ago and now realize it's the one mentioned here. I'll try it this week.

Bianca said:
Casa SaltShaker isn't the only closed-door restaurant. The two best (BY FAR) restaurants I've been to in Buenos Aires have been closed-door restaurants. I wouldn't discount all of them because you had one bad experience... you'd be missing out on some great places.

Which ones are your favorites so far?

HDM said:
Thanks mini. I walked by this a few days ago and now realize it's the one mentioned here. I'll try it this week.

The malfatti con sugo di lepre are YUM!

Back