Coffee Chat

Peña on the block between Austria and Agüero (Peña runs parallel to Avenida Santa Fe and is 5 blocks towards the river)

OK, I see the general area now, thanks :)

What online map utility do you use? Because google maps is obviously hosed, it's showing that address between aguero and laprida, near what appears to be a ferret clinic? Then again, maybe not. I was quite disappointed to learn that ferreteria does not mean a pet store where they sell ferrets...

Susie... you can get that by pressing ALT+164.... ñ
To be more specific, for those not accustomed to using Alt-codes, you press and hold the Alt key while typing the numbers on the keypad. Then you release the Alt key and the character appears. Of course you must have NumLock on (top left key on the keypad, in Spanish usually labeled Bloq Num).

No, you're right, between Agüero and Laprida. I use google maps, too but was going by memory that time. You'll have to get your new pet ferret before coming to coffee chat, by the way.

Wednesday was a fun Coffee Chat. First time when boys out numbered the girls lol

Friday 3/28
Coffee Chat @ Anima Cakes 4 p.m.
Peña 2665

This will be my last Coffee Chat for a while. Going home for a visit.

Just a reminder for today. See y'all soon :)

Hey, I'd like to drop by, but having a bit of trouble with the address, is that Rodriguez Peña, the block between Sarmiento and Peron, or?

NO its Peña 2665 between Laprida and Aguero . Peña its parallel to French and Pacheco de Melo

Ah, that was fun! It was delightful to meet you all.

Given that I was the newest arrival to BsAs, I very much appreciated the helpful suggestions you gave me, and it was nice to be able to ask about tipping and table manners, since I was concerned about those.

About that elbows-on-the-table thing, you were correct. I was looking around at the breakfast buffet this morning, and some observed the forearms-only rule, but most had their elbows in the table with no shame, even some of the best-dressed. To think of all those times I had my knuckles rapped for that offense as a kid!

So, are we doing this again this week? I recall we talked about it as we were leaving, but I'll be damned if I recall whether we settled on Wednesday or Friday.

I won't be there this Wednesday, but Friday is still on. If anyone else is going to Alto Palermo Starbucks tomorrow (Wednesday, April 2), please let everyone know. See you guys Friday at Anima Cakes.

Friday April 4
Coffee Chat @ Anima Cakes 4 p.m.
Peña 2665

Back