Coffee Price Up 300% Higher Than London Or Ny..!!

yeahh Chet hope you enjoy that cafe plus 3 medialunas for $24 :eek:, Prices like that are available around the Retiro station in those seedy spots

Or in very normal middle class barrios like Almagro, Caballito and Chacarita....

Also the thing that goes unmentioned is that real wages in the US are declining, so yesterday's DD coffee used to cost 1/5 the minimum wage (hourly) but now costs 1/3.

Meanwhile, in 2003 the minimum hourly wage here could barely buy 1/2 a cup of coffee; now it can buy well over an entire cup (or the $24 cup in Clarín's analysis). This shows that things are still not ideal here if you need Starbucks to fill your tank, but the situation is improving here while in the US its getting much worse. (i.e., the opposite of what the article was trying to say).

This is even more clear if you look at things that are more essential than Mochaccinos. For example: Fuel. In 2003, the minimum monthly wage in Argentina could buy 130 L of petrol; now it is 313 L.
Before you buy the fuel you must buy the car. In 2003 that didn't happen. In 2014 it's pretty unlikely.

Wow ... you went to every coffee shop in London in just one week!

I've made MANY trips to London over the years -- about 2/3 x a year for the last four years. Of course I haven't sampled every cafe any more than you or I have done that in BA however I can say that the quality of coffee, in my pretty extensive experience, is better in London than it is in BA. It was not that way a few decades ago but times have changed. Same can be said for the quality of food in the UK -- generally very good / excellent these days and quite creative as well.

Back