Colectivos

The chances of getting kidnapped are so slim that I'd worry more about getting involved in an accident when traveling with a colectivo. And pepper spray won't help you in that situation.

Mike1

"ReemsterCARP" said:
The chances of getting kidnapped are so slim that I'd worry more about getting involved in an accident when traveling with a colectivo. And pepper spray won't help you in that situation.
I agree, the chance of getting kidnapped is like 13 million to one. I drive outside of Capital and take colectivos or ride the trains on a regular basis. I haven't even been pick-pocketed or mugged or whatever walking home late at night and in the dark areas. I guess it's how you present yourself in public I'm always mistaken for a chorro, so not a problem here.

Well, I don't look much like a chorro but, with one exception, I've never even felt threatened. And I walked away from that one exception instead of continuing through the neighborhood.
As I noted in another thread, I've not thought Bs.As. dangerous. The numerous comments otherwise make me wonder, though: after all, I've spent less than a year down there, in total and spread out over a dozen years or more, and other posters actually live there.