Colectivos

Matty

Registered
"ghost" said:
Carry pepper spray. Done deal.
Is its use legal in Argentina? Are suppliers to be found in-country, or must one attempt to bring pepper spray from abroad?

You can purchase it legally at any and every gun store.

The chances of getting kidnapped are so slim that I'd worry more about getting involved in an accident when traveling with a colectivo. And pepper spray won't help you in that situation.

"ReemsterCARP" said:
The chances of getting kidnapped are so slim that I'd worry more about getting involved in an accident when traveling with a colectivo. And pepper spray won't help you in that situation.
I agree, the chance of getting kidnapped is like 13 million to one. I drive outside of Capital and take colectivos or ride the trains on a regular basis. I haven't even been pick-pocketed or mugged or whatever walking home late at night and in the dark areas. I guess it's how you present yourself in public I'm always mistaken for a chorro, so not a problem here.

Well, I don't look much like a chorro but, with one exception, I've never even felt threatened. And I walked away from that one exception instead of continuing through the neighborhood.
As I noted in another thread, I've not thought Bs.As. dangerous. The numerous comments otherwise make me wonder, though: after all, I've spent less than a year down there, in total and spread out over a dozen years or more, and other posters actually live there.

Back