Colombian coffee for sale! Bought in Colombia!

DontMindMe

Registered
Rejoice, my coffee loving brethren, for my Colombian boyfriend went overboard when he bought coffee to take back to BA with him. Way overboard. He asked me if I thought anyone on this site would want to buy some, and I told him that considering every couple of weeks there is a post by a newcomer asking about coffee, it was very likely. So here goes:

3 Bolsas de café sello Rojo de 250gr. Fuerte. Cada una 25 pesos.
1 Bolsa de café Juan Valdez, Premium selection de 250 gr. Balanceado. A 45 pesos.

The Rojo is a very popular grocery store brand. It doesn't look fancy, but it's really good. I drank it black, and I usually don't like black coffee. It is strong. An Argentine from Neuquén renting a room in the same hostel as us said that he was strongly considering selling all of his clothes and filling his suitcase with this brand to take back with him.

Juan Valdez is basically the Starbucks of Colombia, except a thousand times better. Balanceado means medium blend.

He is still struggling with whether or not to sell a 500gr bag of Juan Valdez gourmet selection café tropical del bosque, but as you can imagine after a month in Colombia he dreads the idea of going back to the stuff they sell in BA. (Offended Argentines, if it makes you feel better, the wine selection in Colombian grocery stores is abysmal. Basic Trapiche and Gato Negro is as good as it gets. He loves Argentine wine.)

PM me if you are interested and I will give you his cell phone and e-mail. He is trustworthy. Ask Napoleon, who has already picked up his coffee.

Bumping this cause it got pushed down really quickly yesterday. Any takers?

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']PM me if you are interested and I will give you his cell phone and e-mail. He is trustworthy. Ask Napoleon, who has already picked up his coffee.[/QUOTE]

I have picked up my coffee and it obviously smells about 100 times better than the stuff found here.

One note: Mine was pre-ground.

I believe that it was done at the time of purchase just before coming back to BsAs, because it smells amazing, but it was ground for a coffee filter or those stove top boil things. I use a French Press, so it's a finer grind that I would have chosen.

Other than that, I'm happy with my purchase. And if you use a coffee maker w/filter, you'll be ecstatic!

Yes, it was ground for us at the Juan Valdez store on Friday, Jan. 12 for anyone who is interested in that 250 gram bag. The sello Rojo is already ground in the bag when you buy it at the grocery store. Still not sure if he is going to give up the 500 gram bag of Juan Valdez. He is having trouble with this decision since he went to Starbucks the other day for a frappuccino and left very distressed at what he had just consumed.

Back