Colonia Express to Montevideo

Looking at taking the Colonia Express to MVD on 3/21. Prices are currently around 9000 pesos per person. I don't think I'll get the blue dollar rate based on other recent purchases online. If I wait until the day of to buy a ticket, are they likely to have sold out or have doubled in price? I'm trying to decide whether to wait or buy now (need 3 tickets).
I bought tickets last Thursday and I got a $333 rate, close to the MEP rate

As I recall Buquebus and Colonia Express are at different Terminals. Dársena Norte y Sur.
Also consider Seacat a Buquebus low-cost, they operate a jointly , and if Buquebus has space they take all seacat passengers. You pay less and end up on Buquebus.
My choice always was Seacat, if available.
Seacat vanished during the pandemic.

Which browser? Using vpn in the USA and when I go to the document type, there is nothing listed in the drop-down menu.

Did you use an American credit card on the Argentine site? It keeps declining my purchase, as do the airlines when I try to purchase on their Argentine sites in pesos.

Details here: https://nautispots.com/el-final-de-buquebus/

I was surprised, reading up about Buquebus... the Francisco is the fastest passenger ferry in the world? And they have an electric ferry on order for delivery in 2025?
Buquebus became a giant after Nestor K closed the bridge Gualeguaychu/Fray Bentos for several years, over a dispute with Uruguay on the paper pulp plants contamination. Buquebus had the monopoly of the River.

Buquebus became a giant after Nestor K closed the bridge Gualeguaychu/Fray Bentos for several years, over a dispute with Uruguay on the paper pulp plants contamination. Buquebus had the monopoly of the River.
OK, so that's what happened to the train from Pilar to Paso de los Toros... interesting. I remember public opinion was very much on the side of Argentina during that dispute, but from what you say, actions certainly have consequences... very few options left to cross into Uruguay, and Buquebus cleaned up.

For bonus points :) I can confirm that the the same two-carriage trains that use to run the Pilar to Paso de los Toros route are now in operation across the Posadas / Encarnacion bridge. I was in Encarnacion a few weeks back, it's really very nice there. It could be an interesting alternative if you want a beach holiday.

OK, so that's what happened to the train from Pilar to Paso de los Toros... interesting. I remember public opinion was very much on the side of Argentina during that dispute, but from what you say, actions certainly have consequences... very few options left to cross into Uruguay, and Buquebus cleaned up.

For bonus points :) I can confirm that the the same two-carriage trains that use to run the Pilar to Paso de los Toros route are now in operation across the Posadas / Encarnacion bridge. I was in Encarnacion a few weeks back, it's really very nice there. It could be an interesting alternative if you want a beach holiday.
The K anger was because the Finish, paper pulp manufacturer, chose to invest in Fray Bentos, Uruguay in lieu of Entre Rios.... because?

Back