Coming to BA - need advice on two things

jvietor

Registered
Hi, my name is John and I am coming to BA in March. I think I'm staying in Palermo/Palermo Soho around Charcas and Amenia.

Question #1: what do you think of that area? Is it good for nightlife, safety, restaurants, bars, getting around, etc? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Question #2: Does anyone know any good yoga studios that might be in that general area? I've been practicing for the last few years and would like to find a good place in BA. I have found Buenaonda Yoga at http://buenaondayoga.wordpress.com/ and if you know any others hat would be great.

If you have any other general tips, knowledge, websites, etc. that can make my stay easier please let me know.

Many thanks!

jvietor said:
Question #1: what do you think of that area? Is it good for nightlife, safety, restaurants, bars, getting around, etc? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Concerning the things you mentioned, it could definitely be considered a good area.

Question #2: Does anyone know any good yoga studios that might be in that general area? I've been practicing for the last few years and would like to find a good place in BA.

I can contact a yoga teacher (if that's what it's called; I'm not into yoga myself) through my brother-in-law. I don't know how good he is, but since he's a Buddhist, I assume he must take it very seriously to say the least. If there's a studio in the area, he should know it. I'll call my brother-in-law.

I know someone who teaches bikram yoga in Congresso, let me know if you want her info!

Palermo is about as tourist friendly as you could hope! The more you browse this site the more tips you'll soak in. Enjoy your visit:)

Hey! Try out Buena Onda yoga! Here is the link - http://www.buenaondayoga.com/. They have locations all over BA, are very friendly, and have classes in english and spanish. I usually go to the palermo location, but i assume they're all pretty nice - its the same group of teachers. Also, they provide you with a yoga mat for each class so you don't have to rent one or look like a doofus carrying your own around all day.

welcome!

Back