need advice for my incoming family

Quaho

Registered
hello Folks, my GF's family is coming to visit us, so i need to rent a good apartment for them, i need to know what you guys think is the best area.
i want something close to bars, food etc, and metro will be good too, it is for a short time, so name the best location u know, a safe one, and with tourst appeal.

thanks in advance :confused:

How much do you want to pay? How long will they be in BA?

The monthly rate is often equal to or less than the weekly rate X 3.

I've lived in Palermo and Recoleta.

Almost all of Recoleta is desirable but this isn't the case with Palermo.

And some rentals claim to be in Recoleta that really are not.

something like 10 days, and i dont worry about the price much, i want to give them the best impression i can

Then Recoleta is the answer, but you need to look at the map if you want them to be close to the Subte (metro) linea D.

Pueyrredon is a metro station on the "edge" of Recoleta. So is the subte station Faculdad de Medicina, but they should not stay near there.

Palermo Hollywood for the best restaurants and bars, Soho if they're more staid. Recoleta if they're conservative and happiest in well off parts if town (but limited good restaurants) and Puerto Madero if they want to feel they never left the US.

All, especially the Palermos, have great boutique hotels and a wide range of apartments from very basic to very high end. They might want to try both. Hotels are on Tripadvisor.com and there are a million agents who do tourist rentals--good for high end (We like JaimeJensen.com, and for more basic just try Craig's List and VRBO.

If price isn't a major factor when renting and you really want to make the best impression keep them off the metro.

jb5 said:
Palermo Hollywood for the best restaurants and bars, Soho if they're more staid. Recoleta if they're conservative and happiest in well off parts if town (but limited good restaurants) and Puerto Madero if they want to feel they never left the US.

All, especially the Palermos, have great boutique hotels and a wide range of apartments from very basic to very high end. They might want to try both. Hotels are on Tripadvisor.com and there are a million agents who do tourist rentals--good for high end (We like JaimeJensen.com, and for more basic just try Craig's List and VRBO.

This is great advice for someone who is coming here and is looking for a place to stay for a year or more. I don't think someone who is visiting for ten days should "try both" basic and high end apartments or hotels. One should be sufficient.

If you want to make the best impression of BA on parents I think Recoleta is the best place to accomplish this goal.

If I was coming to visit family and get to know Baires, even in 10 days I'd like to try more than 1 place. When I visited as a tourist, I often stayed in several places over 2-3 weeks.

There are so many great boutique hotels and so many interesting parts of town, staying in them was the only real way to get to know them.

If I had 10 days I'd stay 4 in Palermo, 3 in Recoleta/barrio Norte, 2 in Puerto Madero (seeing San Telmo mostly) and stay anywhere and check out Villa Crespo, Barrio Parque, Almagro and Cabillito along the way.

Back