computer hacked?

confront the fucker and pound him into oblivion. Reformat , reinstall . password protect your box . 'nuff said

Fabe said:
confront the fucker and pound him into oblivion. Reformat , reinstall . password protect your box . 'nuff said

True dat, if you need help give us a call LOL.

Oh by the way, for those of you who are on WEP secured networks. Change it to WPA or WPA2. If someone is able to hack into your network, they can steal any information you input. It doesn't matter whether you use the onscreen keyboard, 128-bit security and whatnot, they will be able to read all the information and will be able to use it.

Fabe said:

I like your style!

Hi Canick,

if you are still having security problems with your mac or your network access, PM me, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Allan

nicoenarg said:
Mac's are not very prone to viruses mainly because Mac's are not as much in use as Windows. Contrary to popular belief, you NEED to have an anti-virus, and a firewall installed. If not, you're basically leaving your backdoor open (or frontdoor, if you live in BsAs).

I know I could search this, but while we're here and on the subject: what's a good firewall for Mac? I'm assuming you're saying we need to use one because it doesn't come with one, as I think I must have assumed it did. Can I download a good one somewhere? I never really thought about a firewall on my mac...

tez said:
I know I could search this, but while we're here and on the subject: what's a good firewall for Mac? I'm assuming you're saying we need to use one because it doesn't come with one, as I think I must have assumed it did. Can I download a good one somewhere? I never really thought about a firewall on my mac...

Mac OSX does have a built-in firewall. Make sure it's turned on, in System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall. Where the settings are depends on the version of OSX.

Then look in Firewall -> Advanced settings. Enable Stealth mode there if it's not enabled. Look at which applications allow incoming connections. You'll probably see for example that itunes and skype are set to allow incoming connections. If you see an app that allows incoming connections investigate why it's there. Some are essential system services, some are potential holes that can be exploited.

Back