Seeking recommendations for computer accessories

denviochi

Registered
Hello, I am here for a few weeks. I brought my Apple laptop but forgot the charging cable. Any recommendations for a store where I could buy a usb-c to usb-c cable? I’m staying in Palermo SoHo at the moment.

Hello, I am here for a few weeks. I brought my Apple laptop but forgot the charging cable. Any recommendations for a store where I could buy a usb-c to usb-c cable? I’m staying in Palermo SoHo at the moment.
Try to find the closest Fravega store.
If you cannot buy from MercadoLibre, I guess, small shops in Galeria Jardin on Florida street would be the second choice.

Make sure it at least states 'Carga Rápida,' and ask specifically whether it will work with your power adapter. For a MacBook Pro, it should be something huge like '100W' and/or '5A'. So, it should be a high-level charging cable.

They will probably charge you an arm and a leg for such a cable and I doubt it would be of good quality. I would like to give you my spare 100W USB-C cable. Have you already bought a cable?

Try Galeria Jardin in Florida St. They seem to sell all those items in that shopping center

I have a big Coto nearby with an electronics section. Even they have a 100W/5A USB-C to USB-C cable for about 16 bucks. Can't vouch for the quality, though.

Hello all, and thanks for your advice. I went to Powerzon on Av Corrientes and got a generic cable for $4. As I was walking back "home", I wondered whether the cable would be robust enough, so I stopped at several small stores carrying phone supplies, and most had c-to-c cables. Fortunately it works fine. I guess now that USB-c cables are more common, they are easier to find.

They will probably charge you an arm and a leg for such a cable and I doubt it would be of good quality. I would like to give you my spare 100W USB-C cable. Have you already bought a cable?
So very kind of you to offer. I appreciate it!

There are also Apple authorized resellers here if you (or anyone) want to go that route in the future.

Back