Confusing collectivo maps

I prefer Como Llego
Yesterday while at Alto Palermo I used the official Buenos Aires Como Llego app to look for a bus to take me home (Fitz Roy at Soler). It gave me a clear map of the route for colectivo 39, running along Av Santa Fe. I’ve attached an image of that route, and one of the actual route, which was dramatically different. So clearly there’s no way to figure out which bus goes where .

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpeg
    IMG_0905.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0904.png
    IMG_0904.png
    763.3 KB · Views: 7
Yesterday while at Alto Palermo I used the official Buenos Aires Como Llego app to look for a bus to take me home (Fitz Roy at Soler). It gave me a clear map of the route for colectivo 39, running along Av Santa Fe. I’ve attached an image of that route, and one of the actual route, which was dramatically different. So clearly there’s no way to figure out which bus goes where .
You took the wrong ramal. There are 3 different ramals for the 39. The buses have placards with the numbers 1,2, or3 in the front windows.https://www.omnilineas.com.ar/buenos-aires/colectivo/linea-39/bc.di17rnsbv-4q1-d34-4fi-9ix-45x-cmr

Since you still refer to 'colectivo 39', it appears you think the bus number alone is enough to understand its route.

There are 3 different routes of the 'colectivo 39':
1: 1 x Plaza Italia
2: 2 x Plaza Italia
3: 3 x Palermo Hollywood

The bus displays a sign indicating its route.

bus39.jpg

I am aware of those numbers. Unfortunately, the apps don't indicate the ramal or route number.

I am aware of those numbers. Unfortunately, the apps don't indicate the ramal or route number.
Some of them do.

bus39-3.png

Besides, you need to tell the driver your destination, and this is where it comes into play. Sometimes he says, 'I am not going there, take Ramal B instead.'

I used to use a little book when I lived in Buenos Aires. I assume that doesn’t exist anymore. All the same an app should be more responsive.

That is useful. Which app is that? I. need to use it. I do tell the driver my destination, but often they don't listen to me. That's why when I told the driver that Alto Palermo was my destination on the 111, and he accepted my payment, I thought we were going there. But we weren't

I have the Apple maps app on my iPhone, but it always tells me "Transit Directions Not Available." It does show me a route for walking or driving a car

That is useful. Which app is that? I. need to use it. I do tell the driver my destination, but often they don't listen to me.
I don't know. It is your screenshot :)

As for the drivers, they are supposed to charge you different rates according to the zones, so they do listen to you. They need to punch in the zone code before you pay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Expat Life 14
I Expat Life 6
B Newcomers Forum 2
Back