Considering wintering in BA

Steve prety well summed it up. I would just add about cell phones, it costs an absolute fortune to use one especially to phone home,I recommend you use texts to comunicate and if you wish to call home use one of the hundreds of locotorios they are really cheap to use.
One other thing, you will find that your own phone is probably just as cheap to use, my BsAs phone (personal light) eats credit faster than pac man.

i can see it working for a winter escape...(winter being summer here) escape a harsh winter in canada or the east coast of the USA... come down jan-march.. get your 90 day tourist stamp.. rent a furnished place for 3 months and just eat steak and drink wine..... but it depends on your parents... are they travelers??
best for older people to keep it simple.. if they need a lot of medical treatment or a lot of help.. BA might not be that good for them.. BA is great...i love it... but if they are like my dad.. who wants to hear english.. wants to get 150 english channels on a tv.. needs certain foods from the USA , always complained about the bad sidewalks.. or the dog poop he stepped in...etc... sometimes long term foreign travel can be a tough thing for people.. you have to be able to be flexible with many things and older people sometimes cant.... well that is my 2 cents!!!

Back