Construction noises from apartment next door

LaurenW

Registered
Hopefully someone can give me some advice:
I know noise is part of city life, but there is constant hammering and sawing on a shared wall starting at 7:30am in the apartment next to mine. I work from home (artist) so I can't really work in a wifi cafe/library the entire day. Earplugs and even headphones don't cover up this extremely loud noise.

I was wondering if there were any policies on noise in apartment buildings (what time can they start?) I'm not holding my breath. But I am to the point of starting to look for new apartments.

well,we rent out an apartment in San Isidro,in that block there is a "gentlemens" agreement to start at 8am,respect siesta time by stopping from 2pm until 4.30pm and then continuing after that,and it works well.

good luck Lauren,maybe you can ask the portero if anything like that exists

I feel for you, but unfortunately I think that in general 7:30-8:00 am is a normal time to start construction projects here. I'd also recommend asking, and also finding out how long the obra will last, before you move. Between construction projects and incessantly barking dogs sometimes it's hard to find some peace in this city. Best of luck!

I feel for ya.. I was wondering about this also.. we do not rent but own the apt. I have had construction going on for 2 years right next to our bedroom.. it is a pain in the ass.. but they are pretty fair with the time .. they usually stop around 2.. the problem is they start at 7... ufff!!!!

Back