Container/afip/customs

Where does this come from?

Our lawyer. When we were sued by a previous maid and the judge ruled in her favor (surprise), part of the judgement was that Martin couldn't leave the country until the settlement was paid in full. Per our lawyer, that is SOP.

In reality, so to speak, Steve's source is http://tinyurl.com/43mdu64

Congratulations!

You just earned an "Atlas Shrugged: Now Non-Fiction" baseball cap.

The producers of the film would also like to extend their thanks for linking the first part of their trilogy to this website.

They are happy to receive this level of attention from someone with PhD from the University of California at Berkely, but as traders, they want to compensate you by giving you the cap.

You may claim you cap at the entrance to Galt's Gulch.

Don't forget to use the secret password, which, in oder to avoid jeopardy, must be stated in the form of a question.

Here is your first secret password hint: What is the fist line of the novel Atlas Shrugged?

Here is your second secret password hint: What question follows the words "Atlas Shurgged" in the title of the third part of the trilogy (which will be released on September 12, 2014)?

Here is your first secret password hint: What is the fist line of the novel Atlas Shrugged?
This is the tale of the wrath of Achilles

Here is your second secret password hint: What question follows the words "Atlas Shurgged" in the title of the third part of the trilogy (which will be released on September 12, 2014)?
Armum et virumque cano?

I too would like to know of a website page I could go to.
I had a reply from my friends customs agent. He said it was a shame I never renewed the guarantee and that I would have a problem If I left Argentina WITH the goods.
What renewal? I payed when the goods come in. No one said anything and I have not received an invoice. I am not hard to tract down as I have a DNI now.
It is in legal process he said.

Congratulations!

You just earned an "Atlas Shrugged: Now Non-Fiction" baseball cap.

While they may be essential fashion accesories at "Galt's Gulch," tinfoil hats are not "caps."

The film, though, richly deserves its rotten tomato rating. It richly deserves its reviews, best summarized in following quotation: "There are two films that can change a 14-year-old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I too would like to know of a website page I could go to.
I had a reply from my friends customs agent. He said it was a shame I never renewed the guarantee and that I would have a problem If I left Argentina WITH the goods.
What renewal? I payed when the goods come in. No one said anything and I have not received an invoice. I am not hard to tract down as I have a DNI now.
It is in legal process he said.

My understanding is that the guarantee on shipping you bring in means you do not have to pay import duty on your belongings. The guarantee should be renewed annually until you gain residency at which point there is a tramite to remove the guarantee.

Having a guarantee on your shipping means that you cannot sell or give away anything and what is listed as container contents on entrance should match what leaves.

If the guarantee expires then this causes difficulty (what I don't know!) when leaving and/or exporting your container again.

We are leaving in a couple of months and I am going through the process at the moment of having to make sure my shipping leaves before its guarantee expires otherwise my agent has said it'd be a nightmare!

Ok thanks for your reply.
I'm mad because no one ever said the garantee was for one year. I have NEVER received an invoice for the renewal. if I had I could have solved it. The problem is now I only have enough money to get back. If they refuse me exit how am I going to live if I pay the customs fee (whatever that is). I won't be able to get a ticket home? aarrgghh.

OK. I finally got the agent to find out how much was owed. By my reckoning I need to pay 1 1/2 years bond money as I got my DNI in 2011. So about US750.
He said customs did not bother to get my file but came to a figure of 7750 (half value of container) + 5500 fees.
He said if I wanted to do a "deal" it would cost 8000US.
I started laughing until I realised he was being serious.................

Back