contract for cell phone with data plan?

for pre paid - you have to buy 'packets' of data. there are no unlimited plans or set plans. not sure of the price though

amat said:
for pre paid - you have to buy 'packets' of data. there are no unlimited plans or set plans. not sure of the price though

Those packets you need for browsing but not for most other functions?

to update, we went to the claro on Av de Mayo today and no problems at all. I got a plan for aroun 100 pesos - it's basically 39 pesos for minutes and 500 sms and then 59 pesos for 512mb per month for the data. There are plans with less data too. it comes with one free claro number and one free landline number (i can call at no charge). Finally!! the nexus works! well, maybe - not sure if 3g is on yet :(

We have our cellphones all on a friends' name. The invoices come at my adress and have automatic debit from my husbands account : the friends' DNI is just a formality.

I pay 170$ per month for I don't know how many calls or sms (I have to recharge to call once in a while, never for SMS nor for data), and unlimited data traffic. There are different plans with unlimited data traffic. This is important as data traffic is extremely expensive if you go per mb.
You must also be carefull when you leave Capital Federal. It seems that leaving the city means you get 'long distance'.

We are with mobistar and we have learned that you must ask the salesmen to put all they say in writing. You go to a shop, they tell you A, you come home and you see it doesn't work, you call them and they say B, say A is impossible, then it turns out it is not what you asked for you go back to the store and they say C, etc... Just don't trust them on their word or you keep on running to the store.

amat said:
to update, we went to the claro on Av de Mayo today and no problems at all. I got a plan for aroun 100 pesos - it's basically 39 pesos for minutes and 500 sms and then 59 pesos for 512mb per month for the data. There are plans with less data too. it comes with one free claro number and one free landline number (i can call at no charge). Finally!! the nexus works! well, maybe - not sure if 3g is on yet :(

If your 3G works before March 5th you've done better than I!

I just got Personal 3G on the USB stick, and it is extremely slow... very disappointed. I don't recommend it at all... I will probably return it before the 10 days to get my money back

flyfreely said:
I just got Personal 3G on the USB stick, and it is extremely slow... very disappointed. I don't recommend it at all... I will probably return it before the 10 days to get my money back

Do it fast, to avoid any "oops" you can't return it excuse. It depends on where you use the internet though. My friend tried claro and movistar and didn't work for him, he lives in Ciudadela. He gave personal a try and he is very happy with it. So, just try the other 2 and hopefully you'll have better luck.

2GuysInPM said:
Someone on another thread (I think it was mini) said that they were not required a DNI for a contract with Movistar.

Sorry, I just saw this thread. Yes, I have a contract with Mobistar without a DNI. I don't have data thought, just the phone & SMS.

Back