Controversial Argentinian Video

livid? no. Is it in extreme poor taste? yes. He was exercising on the monument for the fallen British soldiers....

Also interesting to note that there wasn't a single falklander seen in the video...

Agree. Really bad taste. Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?

One could make the assumption that CFK must be an idiot given the stuff she does. However, I reiterate my call - she's a brilliant tactician. She doesn't really want the Falklands for Argentina. If she did then she'd be doing EXACTLY the opposite of what she's doing. What she wants is the patriotic beating of the drums and she get's it by using the Falklands to rile people up. Pure and simple in my book. If you read any history on Adolf Hitler he did the same thing. Only he didn't use the Falkland Islands.

GS_Dirtboy said:
Agree. Really bad taste. Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?

One could make the assumption that CFK must be an idiot given the stuff she does. However, I reiterate my call - she's a brilliant tactician. She doesn't really want the Falklands for Argentina. If she did then she'd be doing EXACTLY the opposite of what she's doing. What she wants is the patriotic beating of the drums and she get's it by using the Falklands to rile people up. Pure and simple in my book. If you read any history on Adolf Hitler he did the same thing. Only he didn't use the Falkland Islands.

I am not a CFK fan myself but I think it is really bad taste to compare her with Adolf Hitler. Your analogy is extremely poor, to not say stupid. If you can make this analogy, people would think that a comparisons between Tony Blair and George Bush with Hitler are far closer as they not only manipulated their people with lies but they did with extreme consequences for the lives of thousand of Iraqis. As far as I know, CFK rhetoric and drum beating has not been (so far) life threatening to anyone.

expatinowncountry said:
I am not a CFK fan myself but I think it is really bad taste to compare her with Adolf Hitler. Your analogy is extremely poor, to not say stupid. If you can make this analogy, people would think that a comparisons between Tony Blair and George Bush with Hitler are far closer as they not only manipulated their people with lies but they did with extreme consequences for the lives of thousand of Iraqis. As far as I know, CFK rhetoric and drum beating has not been (so far) life threatening to anyone.

Just the millions of poor that live a crappy life unneedfully while the country's leaders burn and pillage economically...

Hitler was a brilliant tactician as well. Not to put words in his mouth, but when I read DirtBoy's post, the first thing that came into my mind was Hitler's ability to use events and ideas in a way to get what he wanted, including, eventually, control of an industrial country. I wasn't thinking about what came after, when he was drunk with power and started a world war and killed millions. That part of the comparison, to me, was obviously not valid and therefore discarded.

I don't think anyone can think that Cristina is capable of wreaking quite such havoc. I don't necessarily mean her personally - Argentina certainly isn't capable of it, even on a rather small scale. I also don't think she is governed by the insanity and cruelty that controlled Hitler, but I do think she is governed by the need for power. I doubt she has any good in mind for anyone but herself and her cronies, but it's slightly possible that she is grasping for power for idealistic reasons.

Either way, it's the same result I think. Millions of people adversely affected by her policies.

The video was just asinine.

Can someone please pass this on to Argentina -

International Court of Justice
Peace Palace
Carnegieplein 2
2517 KJ The Hague
The Netherlands
Telephone: (+31) (0)70 302 23 23

ElQueso said:
Just the millions of poor that live a crappy life unneedfully while the country's leaders burn and pillage economically...

Hitler was a brilliant tactician as well. Not to put words in his mouth, but when I read DirtBoy's post, the first thing that came into my mind was Hitler's ability to use events and ideas in a way to get what he wanted, including, eventually, control of an industrial country. I wasn't thinking about what came after, when he was drunk with power and started a world war and killed millions. That part of the comparison, to me, was obviously not valid and therefore discarded.

I don't think anyone can think that Cristina is capable of wreaking quite such havoc. I don't necessarily mean her personally - Argentina certainly isn't capable of it, even on a rather small scale. I also don't think she is governed by the insanity and cruelty that controlled Hitler, but I do think she is governed by the need for power. I doubt she has any good in mind for anyone but herself and her cronies, but it's slightly possible that she is grasping for power for idealistic reasons.

Either way, it's the same result I think. Millions of people adversely affected by her policies.

The video was just asinine.

Are you talking about the poor in the States? In Europe? Or also talking about the billions (billions, not millions like CFK) of poor people created in Africa and LDCs by Europe and US agriculture subsidize policy that keep the price of the main livelihood of small holders artificially low? Please stop with the double standards.

CFK is an awful power sick person but not very different from other politicians worldwide. The political animal takes any opportunity to build power. In countries like Argentina were institutions are poor and people lack basic political and economic education, politicians take advantage. Also exceptional circumstances create political monster, like the reparation imposed by the Allies after WWI created a monster like Hitler, Malvinas/Falkland war allowed a person like Maggie who destroyed the livelihood of thousand of Brits to stay in power, or 9/11 got a dumb fundamentalist like Bush to get reelected and help him ruin the US and World economy while at the same time he (well, not him directly as he is a coward who lacked the courage to serve his country during Vietnam) wiped out thousand of innocent lives in the Middle East.

I do not defend CFK person or policies but the comparison of CFK with Hitler was poor, of bad taste, and insulting to the Argentine people. I am often surprise that some of my fellow expats do not learn anything from their multicultural lives abroad. They keep seeing the world through a narrow pink glass.

CFK=Hitler not good. If you live here, at least you have to respect the locals. Period.

expatinowncountry said:
I am not a CFK fan myself but I think it is really bad taste to compare her with Adolf Hitler. Your analogy is extremely poor, to not say stupid..

My appologies if you were offended. I was specifically making a comparison of how they both used "affronts" and "offenses" by foreign powers to both distract from spriraling economic issues and raise nationlistic pride. Yes, in that way they are both identical.

GS_Dirtboy said:
My appologies if you were offended. I was specifically making a comparison of how they both used "affronts" and "offenses" by foreign powers to both distract from spriraling economic issues and raise nationlistic pride. Yes, in that way they are both identical.

Exactly as Margaret Thatcher and George W. Bush did. So we agree then, in that sense Thatcher, Bush, and CFK (and many others) are identical to Adolf Hitler.

I didn't think the video was that bad, I mean all it needed was the Rocky theme song and it would have been perfect comedy.

Back