Conversation Exchange

johnw100

Registered
In my quest to improve my Spanish i`m considering doing a language conversation (english/spanish) exchange . Had a good response from friends/acquaintances of ours via facebook. Just wondered if anyone else has done these and have any thoughts or structure to it.
Idea is to do 30 minutes each language but am concerned the varying levels of English and my poor Spanish it might be a one sided affair in English.

Any experiences of this? Thanks

I've done lots of conversation exchanges usually with people I met on the site conversationexchange.com. I didn't have a structure so much as meet up for coffee or beers or whatever, and just talk. You guys can switch languages at any point where the transition feels comfortable. It just kind of works. Don't think about it too hard.
The only thing i can say is that if you are always meeting new people you end up having the same conversation all the time, so your spanish small talk gets really really good. But you'll find yourself lacking when you start talking to about anything thats not the usually, 'hi where are you from.'

Back